Old 08-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #1

2300 Sunseeker outside shower

Newbie here. I just bought a 2012 FR Sunseeker 2300 and every brochure shows it is supposed to have an outside shower. Don't seem to see one on mine. Did some of them come without one? Bought from a private sale and he didn't know. Thanks

Old 08-04-2016, 05:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuegle View Post
Newbie here. I just bought a 2012 FR Sunseeker 2300 and every brochure shows it is supposed to have an outside shower. Don't seem to see one on mine. Did some of them come without one? Bought from a private sale and he didn't know. Thanks
Can you provide a link to a 2012 Brochure?

Old 08-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera, what was called an outside shower is actually a hose in the utility compartment. Cold water only.
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #4

http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...nlbrochure.pdf

Here is the link
Old 08-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #5

Sunseeker brochure

http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...nlbrochure.pdf
Old 08-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

while we are on this topic, i have the forester and for the life of me I cannot figure out the cold water outside "shower". It has the brass fitting inside the compartment, a blue screwy hose and a plastic attachment "nozzle" but how this all attaches is a mystery I can't figure out and how to turn the water on there also.

Any ideas? I have stared at this thing so many times.....
Old 08-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
while we are on this topic, i have the forester and for the life of me I cannot figure out the cold water outside "shower". It has the brass fitting inside the compartment, a blue screwy hose and a plastic attachment "nozzle" but how this all attaches is a mystery I can't figure out and how to turn the water on there also. Basically, that coupler is always under pressure, so there is no on/off valve as such.

Any ideas? I have stared at this thing so many times.....
I think I have the same setup on my SOB TT as yours. The brass fitting there should be a quick connect, and if it's like mine, it is a BEAR to couple with the system pressurized. The only way I can do mine is to shut down the pump and then off the outside supply to the camper. Even at that, it's a struggle for my arthritic hands. It's cold water, as has been mentioned.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:22 PM   #8

I have a 2015 Forester mbs with the "outside shower" noted above.....have never used it.
When it was winterized by a dealer (not my original dealer) they neglected to drain the line to the shower, and when we went to Florida we discovered that the base where the quick connect pipe was screwed in had a leak. Whenever there was pressure in the water line, water would rush out of the shower compartment. After searches at several dealers along the way ended with no solution to the parts needed, I devised a plug which lasted for a short while. After several attempts to plug it, it became apparent that I needed to replace the entire unit and since I had no intent to use it, I put a plug into the unit with epoxy. If you can't fix it....fix it so nobody else can fix it. 10k miles later it still is not leaking.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #9

The outside shower,,, with the head removed,, I believe is a great place to start draining the FW sys,,, when sanitizing,,, it also the only place outside on our Sunseeker to get water,,, I removed the shower head a couple of years back,,, and have never reinstalled !!!

Tags
show, shower, sunseeker