Originally Posted by JeBa
Regarding my gray water & black water tank, during the winterizing process a very slight amount of water plus mostly antifreeze goes down all the drains.
1. Should I drain this mixture using the gray water & black water dump valves? Or should it just stay there for the winter?
2. After pouring some antifreeze into all the drains, to fill the traps, should the drain plugs (sinks, shower) be reinstalled to plug off the drains or just leave them open?
3. Also, should you store the anode rod / heater plug in any special manner for the winter?
1. My grey tank stays open all the time, but I have a seasonal site which is hooked up to sewer at all times. I make sure the blank is completely flushed and drained and then close it up.
2. I just leave them open.
3. I replace mine after every season because it usually looks pretty cruddy and it cost me $10 off ebay to replace it....but for the time being, my old one is screwed back in place.