Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 11:02 PM   #1

31kqbts - Connecting gray tanks

I have a 2019 Wildwood 31kqbts. It has 2 gray tanks. One is only for the outdoor kitchen sink. I want to connect the 2 tanks together to double my capacity permanently. Has anyone done this? If so, can you provide some detail.
Thanks
Nathan Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #2

i do not know your floor plan so what follows should be taken as generic info. do the two gray tanks drain through the same sewer connection? if so, you can add a valterra twist on valve to the sewer connection. close that valve so nothing flows out the sewer and open the two gray tank valves. the gray water will equalize in the two gray tanks (assuming they are at the same level). hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
Site Team

I X2 what ChickDoe said as the easiest way to do it. You could permanently connect them together, but that could require a good amount of plumbing.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #4

They are separate. One is connected to the same outlet as the black tank. The other is by itself. It should be easy enough to do but was hoping somebody had a picture. If not I’ll probably just have to buy a bunch of fittings and see what I come up with.
Nathan Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #5

Haven't started yet but have been considering the same thing. My black tank has a separate alve. I 've been considering a length of pvc pipe with an elbow and female hose fitting on each end with a tee and valve in the middle. Almost got the routing figured out. Flexible pipe may be easier.
RStormC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:31 PM   #6

One thing to consider: assuming the kitchen sink is higher than the bathroom floor do realize that if you have both tanks connected and they fill up it will overflow into the shower basin. If no one notices it before the shower overflows you could flood the bathroom. You might want to consider a valve between the two tanks and only transfer water when you are monitoring it.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #7
Ham Call N8SAC

I have a 272RL And it has three gray water tanks. Two tee in with the black water . And the outside kitchen has its own . Use a wye to hook up to drain when at a full hook up . Would be hard to run a line to third tank as you would have to go under a slide out.
Maxwell D Pratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank