Old 02-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #1

Question 34IK Plumbing

Brand new to this forum, THANKS FOR HAVING ME. Brand new 34IK, absolutely love our new coach. Only 1 outing before winterization, but wondering if anyone else has issue. Our shower drains to Galley grey water tank. Wondering if normal or plumbing issue. Would appreciate all input.

B3buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin!

Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #3

It depends on your plumbing lay out, mine drains into my galley gray water tank also, now that is 40 gal. But my bathroom sink drains into it's own 40 gal tank. Have checked and found out there is no way to plumb it there because of the Chassis and tank locations. That galley tank fills up fast

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #4

Thumbs up

Thanks for reply. You are absolutely correct, especially with OD water heater. Did not know on Maiden Voyage, almost caused an issue.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #5

Thanks, feels like Wisconsin in Wichita America!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #6

Welcome!
There is a way to fix this issue. Use full hook-ups and leave the galley tank open. But your sewer line needs to have a bend in the line to form a elbow similar to a sink drain.
I do this all of the time with our tank that drains the shower.

You need to use a sewer hose support system first. These are plastic expanding supports that are inexpensive to purchase. You than run the sewer line for some distance away from the trailer and allow the line to dip between two of the supporting members. This is were the elbow is formed allowing water to be trap in this dip, similar to a bathroom sink drain. But you need to remember when emptying the black tank to remove the dip in the sewer line. After emptying the black I will empty my other gray tank to clean the line and put the elbow back in the sewer line.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #7

Are you sure the tanks are labeled correctly. I would empty both galley and bath tanks then close the valves and just using the kitchen sink run a couple gallons of water then opening one valve at a time see what tank has water. Then I would do the same for the bath sink.

Also agree completely with Jim34RL. Making a trap in our sewer line has prevented any sewer gas or odor from being pulled back into the RV.

Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing