Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #1

356QBQ fresh water tank fell out

You can add the 2015 Salem Hemisphere 356QBQ to the list of affected models that have weak water tank supports.

The dealer filled the fresh tank for PDI and never drained it. By the time I got it home after 2.5 hour drive, the tank had bent the only two support brackets and fell on to the underbelly cover. I emailed forest river warranty to see if I can fix it myself. I don't have time to go to the dealer. I really only need some parts from them to fix the flexible heater hose that was crushed and a way to fix the underbelly plastic that I had to cut out to access the entire tank.
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #2

After looking closer at this I don't think the tank came loose due to bouncing down the road. The way the angle irons are bent it looks like the tank was filled either too fast or with the vent closed and expanded so much that it bent the cradle and then fell out. It takes a lot of force to bend angle iron; way more than what 44 gallons of water weighs.
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #3

Fast fill and weight two bad deals. The (Coraplast?) cover is normaly one pc,they might bulk about cutting it? I would want the cover to be (1) pc agin when repaired. I had to remove ours when New to find a (water tank) problem,took Pics. and sent to dealer who in turn sent to F/R. Then I put it all back together and when F/R sent the New (Tank,heaters,probes,ect.) I went to the Dealer for replacement. Good luck with your tank! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank