Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2018, 07:00 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
RV plumbing (overall system) is not rated for more than 35 or 40 psi. Running higher pressures will eventually result in failure.
Do you have a source for this information?

Bruce
Old 07-31-2018, 07:11 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Do you have a source for this information?

Bruce
Overactive imagination?
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithInUpstateNY View Post
My first thought would be to replace the shower head instead of another (4th?) WPR, especially if it is the factory installed shower head. They are, indeed, abysmal under all but ideal conditions. Many people speak highly of Oxygenics, though I've never tried it myself. But almost any low flow hand held shower head will be better than the OEM shower head.
Good suggestion. We had the same problem until I replaced the shower head with the Oxygenics. We love it, plus it comes with a stop water feature that cuts off the flow when you don't need it. (Saves hot water when you shampoo your hair for instance.)
cardiactiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:56 AM   #44

Thumbs up BEST water pressure fix

The problem with all the tiny water pressure regulators (brass or plastic) that you buy from Camping World or other RV stores is that they have tiny openings that restrict BOTH PRESSURE and FLOW VOLUME. So there is only one good solution if you want both good flow volume and adjustable pressure... use a standard household size regulator.

I purchased my 1/2" standard household pressure regulator from Home Depot and all the brass fittings necessary to get it to fit standard hose threads in and out. Now I can use the adjustment bolt on the top to get exactly the pressure I want and also have FULL volume flow regardless of my pressure setting.

It will cost you about $100 for all the brass fittings and brass regulator, but it is the last one you'll ever need... they last forever.
RobertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #45

I recently changed to Camco adjustable pressure regulator #40058 and it seems to flow much more water. Considering changing out the shower head next based upon the responses here.
cristn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #46
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemywife View Post

I went and ordered an oxygenics shower head from Amazon but now don't need it.
Yes you do...

Keep the Oxygenics shower head...it is awesome!

You will not regret it!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:02 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Yes you do...

You will not regret it!
X2
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsailor View Post
I tried the last one I had with me -- a brass one with a gauge which showed low water pressure from the campground hookup. Same result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I have one regulator, a brass one with a gauge that is likely just like yours.

When I'm setting up I check the gauge. Then if pressure is low I take it back out and put it away. Although yes, pressure could fluctuate, it hasn't given me any issues.
If you have an adjustable regulator with a gauge on it then keep in mind that the gauge is showing you the REGULATED pressure, not the supply pressure. If the regulated pressure is too low then you can adjust the regulator to increase the pressure by using a small flathead screwdriver on the screw at the top of the regulator.

If you have a dead-head pressure gauge then that's different, but it sounds to me like you are looking at the regulated pressure and assuming that is the supply pressure; The gauge is to allow you to see the pressure change as you adjust the regulator.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Yes you do...

You will not regret it!

X3!!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #50

Not all water connections in a campground are city connections. There are campgrounds that have wells. Where we stayed in texas last winter the pressure was terrible with or without water pressure regulator.i have adjustable press reg with gauge and oxygenics shower head. That shower head follows us from camper to camper. Would not consider taking shower without it. Have never had the first problem when turning it back on to rinse. Always has the same mix of hot and cold as i origanlly set. If you don’t wish to buy from camping world amazon has the same regulators.
Jim & peg. Jake the camper dog. RIP my friend. 01-11-2010 / 02-26-2020. 2018 flagstaff 8528ikws fifth wheel pushing 2014 f-150 eco-boost super crew. 2017 camped 14 weeks. 2018 4 months in texas. 2019 4 months in texas. 2019 21 days in michigan. 2019 2 months in arizona. 2020 4 months in arizona. U.S. Air Force Retired. 100% DAV
wanderer26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, show, shower