Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #1

Access Panel for Bypass Valves

Hi folks. It’s finally warm enough to de-winterize my new (unused) 2014 Flagstaff classic superlite trailer 831RESS. (It’s the same as a Rockwood 8325SS.) I can’t find the access panel to get to the water heater bypass valves. I know where my water heater is, and the valves should be right behind it under the kitchen counter. I don’t want to take apart the wrong thing and break something, which I am noted for. Just ask my wife. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
llberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #2

It looks as if the WH is between the stove and the sink. There should be a panel to the left under the sink that has several screws in it to take out. If it is not there it looks like there is a panel across from the sink at the bottom in front of the recliner chairs. 4 small screws and the panel should come out. imo

http://www.hilltoprv.com/rv/ishpemin...gstaff+831ress

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #3

Thanks, Brother Les. As you can see in the photos that you linked, there is a small cabinet door at the rear of the sink area. I looked in there and didn't see a panel. I will look closer tonight. It has to be there.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by llberge View Post
Thanks, Brother Les. As you can see in the photos that you linked, there is a small cabinet door at the rear of the sink area. I looked in there and didn't see a panel. I will look closer tonight. It has to be there.

Very nice unit. Is there anything in that small panel door just to the right of the recliner. In looking from the pictures that there is a small door under the stove.... I don't think that is it.... to far to reach for the valves on the back of the water heater. From the same picture, it looks like there are only drawers under the sink. These drawers should be very easy to remove with little tabs on each side of the drawer and then pull out. You may be able to see behind the WH (to the left under the sink) then. Remember, these valves are not suppose to be 'easy access'. My first guess would be one of the lower panels in front of the recliner. there must be away to get behind the WH in order to work on it if there is some kind of water leak. Not easy to get to, but not impossible either. If it is one of those panels to get to the back of your WH, you might consider using velcro tabs instead of the small screws and a small 'tab' to help pull the panel out when you want to get under the sink and behind the WH.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #5

Thanks, we like it also, and can't wait to get going with it.

You are right about the door under the stove, I already took out the panels in the back of it. Not the right place. I really like your idea about the velcro for replacing the panel once I find it. I don't fit into those access areas too well, so anything to make a repeat visit easier is a win.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

Found it. I had to remove the drawers to get to the valves. Thanks for the help.

Tags
bypass, valve