Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
Enjoying Life

Add an extra valve down line

Just thinking off the top of my head( I know that can be dangerous).
One of my holding tank valves is under the slide and when the slide is out, you can only get to it by crawling under. Has anyone taken one of the add-on valves and placed it on the other end of the hose and leave the valve on the trailer open(grey tank)? Just Thinking out-loud.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:12 PM   #2

When I first got my Cedar Creek the black water tank valve leaked and I installed one. The tank valves have all been fixed now and the valve is still in place. Sometimes when I’m flushing out the black water tank I just close that valve
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
Always Learning

TeachTexas, are you talking about putting an end-of-line valve at the end of your sewer hose?

There’s really no reason not to. You’ll just have to remember to open it and empty your sewer hose when you go to break camp.

Might be better to see what you can do to replying things for a more permanent fix.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #4

Filling an extended sewer hose with solid black water waste (and it will) may not dump with the end-of-hose fitting is opened.

Just connect/disconnect the sewer with the slide closed. How hard is that? Or fit a remote controlled valve. Or a maceration pump.

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
New to FR. Old to TT

I had the same with my old Rockwood sig 8315bss . What I did was replace the valve with a new one with a cable and moved the handle by the front of the tires which was at the back of the slide. then all I had to do was hook up the hose before sliding out the slide then when needed hook up the hose and use the newly located drain handle, no more bending under the slide. found the valve on Amazon and just found the correct length. Very easy to change JUST make sure the tank is empty be for starting to remove the old valve
Old 12-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #6

Obviously Chuck S has never had this problem. It's a pain when the grey tank fills faster than expected and you have to crawl under. Good luck on developing a solution that works for you. We traded, this was only part of the reason.
Dirt Sifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
Filling an extended sewer hose with solid black water waste (and it will) may not dump with the end-of-hose fitting is opened.

Just connect/disconnect the sewer with the slide closed. How hard is that? Or fit a remote controlled valve. Or a maceration pump.

-- Chuck
He didn’t say anything about Black water. He said leave open the (gray water).
Rbare31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #8

Just another idea. How about replacing the valve with an electric valve and then you could activate it from inside.
kenenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #9
Enjoying Life

Thanks for the suggestions of cable or electric valves. I have thought of those but trying to get by with as little fuss(and$$) as possible. And yes, I know what Robert Burton said.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve