Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #1

Air in the lines?

Just picked up my new-to-me 2015 Avenger Ati. The previous owner lived in it for 10 months and always had the water line plugged in so he never used the 12 volt pump. I decided to give it a try. I filled the water tank, turned off the main line water. I will get spurts of water out of the faucets then a lot of air noise. I have left the faucets on for a period of time and eventually there's no air and no water. I can hear the pump running and can hear the water in the hot water heater (sounds like one of those 5 gallon water bottles in offices filling up). If I leave the faucets off say 30 seconds and turn back on I will get some water but ultimately it runs out and I get air after about 10-15 seconds. Any ideas???
If I plug in the "city" line the faucets clear out and run perfect. Just FYI
rhino_160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #2

You need to flip the diverter valve at your pump head from the antifreeze position to the water tank position.

Bruce
Old 09-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #3

You have a winterizing inlet on the outside of your camper for the uptake of antifreeze. This is connected to the intake on your pump. The water tank is also connected to the inlet on your pump. Right now the valve is turned to the winterized position and it is sucking air from the outside inlet.

Bruce
Old 09-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I have been all underneath it and can't find a valve of any sort to flip. There is a white water line from the water tank to the pump. Coming out of the other side of the pump is a red water line and white water line. Those both lead up into the floor eventually. Is the valve on the pump? If so, my pump is not visible nor accessible because the manufacture has covered it with a foam like spray. Surely they wouldn't make it non accessible if I have to flip this valve??
Old 09-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #5

Disregard and thanks. Found the pump after pulling up one of the shelves. Turned the valve off and all is well. The pump only kicks on while he faucets are on and then kicks back off. Think it's good to go!