Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
I found my water heater socket at sears for a lot less than TSC. You might try them for that 2-1/4" socket as well.
Check out the local pawn shops for used sockets. I just picked up two 3/4 inch and a 13/16, all 3/8" drive for 25 cents each. One was a Craftsman.
lonewolf465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I just bought a 1/2" torque wrench from Harbor Freight a few weeks ago, on sale for $12.?? from $39.00, to torque lug nuts and revolution. Have no use for it other than that, and lugs had loosened somewhat after 4700 mile trip in sept.
Socket for W/H A-Rod-1-1/16 6pt. 1/2 drive,if tight.. Rev.pin box fastener,if it is 2-1/4 Soc size you will need more than a 1/2in Torque wrench? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Socket for W/H A-Rod-1-1/16 6pt. 1/2 drive,if tight.. Rev.pin box fastener,if it is 2-1/4 Soc size you will need more than a 1/2in Torque wrench? Youroo!!
The torque on the big 2-1/4" nut is only 80 lb/ft minimum and then to the next hole to insert cotter pin.

Page 8 of manual:
MAINTENANCE:
1. For ease of hookup; frequently lubricate the wedge surfaces, back side of the king pin, and the skid plate surface.
2. Keep pin-box hitch painted to prevent rust and maintain a good appearance. (Do Not paint over labels)
3. Tear down and inspect annually. Repair or replace any wore items. When reassembling use lithium on the wear plate,
wear bushing, and bearing. Tighten large castle nut to a minimum of 80 ft. lbs. and then tighten to nearest through hole for cotter pin installation.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
Site Team

Wink

Quote:
One more reason I decided not to bother with it. Hunting socket for too much $$ and hunting an adapter to fit the 1/2" torque wrence and the 1" or 3/4" revolution socket. Just not worth it. Have a brother that used to be a mechanic, now in the pipeline business, has lots of tools. Maybe steal one from him this weekend. We're camping 5 days in the woods to hunt.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The torque on the big 2-1/4" nut is only 80 lb/ft minimum and then to the next hole to insert cotter pin.

Page 8 of manual:
MAINTENANCE:
1. For ease of hookup; frequently lubricate the wedge surfaces, back side of the king pin, and the skid plate surface.
2. Keep pin-box hitch painted to prevent rust and maintain a good appearance. (Do Not paint over labels)
3. Tear down and inspect annually. Repair or replace any wore items. When reassembling use lithium on the wear plate,
wear bushing, and bearing. Tighten large castle nut to a minimum of 80 ft. lbs. and then tighten to nearest through hole for cotter pin installation.
I read it the same. Marked it on the pin box with a welders pen, marker? whatever you call that hard white marker that writes on metal.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #26

1 1/16 inches = 26.9875 millimeters. Harbor Freight sells a 27 millimeter 1/2" socket for $4.39 that fits the anode bolt. Item # 67790. This is the cheapest tool I have found to remove the anode rod.
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #27
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Not if you're a cheapa-- like me, I made my own using 1" x 1/8" strap, 1/8" plate and an old 1/2" socket. Works great.

Tags
anode