Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #1

Anti-Siphoning valves

Hi,
I have read the posts referring to this valve. I have replaced my valve twice with continuous failures. In plain terms, just what does this valve do? When does its usefulness stop? What causes it to "seep"? For now, I have replaced it with a 90 degree elbow.

Thanks,
John
John072343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

If you're talking about the one on the black tank flush, if you have a backflow preventer, it does absolutely nothing but add another restriction to the flow of the water.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #3

Worst case, you have a full black water tank and you hook up your hose to the flush connection. Now you turn on the hose before opening the black water drain and the campground looses water pressure, the tank will siphon back into the water system. Not a pretty sight, but also very hard to do. I also removed my anti-siphon valve, I will try to be careful.
caesar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar101 View Post
Worst case, you have a full black water tank and you hook up your hose to the flush connection. Now you turn on the hose before opening the black water drain and the campground looses water pressure, the tank will siphon back into the water system. Not a pretty sight, but also very hard to do. I also removed my anti-siphon valve, I will try to be careful.
Mine had/has a factory installed bf valve on the inlet hose in addition to the anti-siphon valve, so there is no way for the black tank fluid to back up into the cg water system.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #5

Just trying to understand this, I guess I will do some tracing as to where the hoses come from and go to... It just seems it is a very simple component to "fail" so easy.
John
John072343 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve