Originally Posted by rickthelen
All the winterizing threads always talk about RV antifreeze. The pink stuff.
I just don't know why regular antifreeze cannot be used. To why not windshield washer fluid.
Gotta be a reason. Can someone enlighten me please?
Ethylene Glycol is the "antifreeze agent" used in cars and trucks.
It tastes sweet like sugar water and is a deadly poison.
Used in some areas of the world to control wolves and other dangerous animals.
Illegal here due to "collateral damage" (killing unintended victims like family pets and children), elsewhere a bowl of antifreeze left out overnight is cheap poison.
It is a horrible way to die.
Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW