Old 10-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Antifreeze port..water pump..confusing

I have always winterized my own units, because they were small....I just hooked up my air compressor and blew out the lines, and added antifreeze to the drains and p-traps.

But now I have a larger, more modern, trailer that has an outside 'antifreeze port' , so I thought I'd give it a try.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	41537
Where is the 'valve to the tank' and where is the 'valve to the inlet'? No diagrams in the owners manual!!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (8).jpg
Views:	169
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	41538

In the middle of all the instructions, it says to turn valve to the 'off' position...it's not marked so I couldn't tell if it was on or off!!Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	292
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	41539Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	41540

And none of the tubes and hoses are marked and there is no diagram to go by, so I guess it's back to the old way of winterizing for me....none of this new, easier way!!!

I hate instructions that are 'as clear as mud'!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	41541   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	41542   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	41543   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	41544  

Old 10-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #2

Many still adhere to the blowdown method withnlow pressure air. If you feel obligated to use AF, the valve handle points to the direction of flow. IE fluid will follow the handle like an arrow head. I still prefer air after 25 years of camping. Only lost one water heater, a year I didn't blow down....

Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #3

The inlet to the pump is on the RHS of your photo; the valve is above it, allowing you to select from the tank or the antifreeze supply (trace the white lines to see which one feeds from the antifreeze feed). The valve feeds from the line when the "flat" on the valve is in line with the feed line (as opposed to perpendicular); by design, iif it is inline with one feed (open)it is perpendicular (closed) with the other potential feed. Simple!

If you can follow this, you can follow the written instructions. The schematic only shows one feed to the pump; yours is on the opposite side (with the screen / filter) AND the additional selector valve.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbneron
The inlet to the pump is on the RHS of your photo; the valve is above it, allowing you to select from the tank or the antifreeze supply (trace the white lines to see which one feeds from the antifreeze feed). The valve feeds from the line when the "flat" on the valve is in line with the feed line (as opposed to perpendicular); by design, iif it is inline with one feed (open)it is perpendicular (closed) with the other potential feed. Simple!

If you can follow this, you can follow the written instructions. The schematic only shows one feed to the pump; yours is on the opposite side (with the screen / filter) AND the additional selector valve.
With this help you may leave something full of water and reprove the theory of solid water!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post
Valve position to use the freshwater tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent's Fox Hole View Post
Valve position to winterize. Hook up a hose to the antifreeze port and stick the other end in the jug. Turn on water pump and go. Make sure the water heater bypass is correct. I also blow mine out first, but that's just me.

That didn't post like I wanted, but it works....

Tags
antifreeze, pump, water, water pump