Status update: So, I spent the greater part of the day yesterday getting tools and chems and then trying to get the underbelly thing off. I got the corrugated underbelly off and the insulation off (phew! That was a task!)and found that there are things called "Thermal Tank Warmers." Quite honestly, it looked somewhat intimidating to try to take them off as they spanned the entire underbelly of this beast, so I put everything back together.
Came back inside and proceeded to work the toilet, again, with the plethora of tools I have accumulated over the past couple of days: I bought a cheap garden hose and cut the metal end off so as to make it more flexible going into the pipes; I used a 20 ft. snake; I used another snake-type looking device -- I think maybe it's called a wand? -- with a hose attachment on one end and small holes on the other end to sort of pressurize the blockage -- oh, forgot about the plunger. I can't think of anything else tool-wise that I used. Anyway, all of the items seemed to go in about 3 feet and get a little stuck. After some maneuvering, they went in a bit further, maybe about another 5-8 feet or so? At that point, I couldn't get any of them to go any further, and I could hear the other end hitting something -- like whatever I had in the commode was hitting a hard surface.
At the moment, I'm just feeling defeated. Can't stand it when something gets the better of me; I really wanted to fix this. I have a plumber coming at 11:00 provided, as I told him, I do not have this fixed by then.
I'm attaching some photos of the exterior area of the sewer stuff. If anyone has any additional input, please let me know. Some of you have mentioned hooking something up outside. I have taken out some of the water from the commode, so if you can find in the pictures to what I should be attaching something, please let me know.