Backed up, spent small fortune so far
Boy, hubby hasn't even left yet for the deployment, and we're already running the gamut with all of the issues we're having. So, the commode in the main bathroom is backed up. Basically, I noticed that things weren't going anywhere a little ways into the commode drain, i.e., when we flush, we could see standing water down there about four to five inches below the commode drain stop. I went out and attempted to empty the black, but nothing would come out. That's when I started researching.
I found a video and several other posts that all reflected the "magic" of boiling water, so off I went to boil two pots of water -- one at a time. I poured the first one in, nothing really happened, so I got the second. Nothing really happened with that one either except to fill the bowl.
Having seen these things did nothing, off I went to Camping World. I picked up, at the recommendation of a service gentleman there, some chemical that's red and is supposed to eat through the toilet paper. I put it in seven hours again, still nothing. I also picked up a wand that you can attach a hose to and pressurize the blockage out. There's so much in there ar this point that I'm concerned about what would happen if we put more water in at this point.
Next I bought a snake. That can't seem to reach far enough down to unblock anything.
Well, I picked up some Drano today. I'm really at a loss. Seriously, it's not like we have yards and yards of pipe for this stuff to go through, I would think it would eventually eat through the toilet paper and drain.
The latest is Drano. I put a whole bottle in there, and I see no improvement. I'm at a loss as to what do to.
Recap of what I've tried so far over the course of this three-day period:
Boiling water (two pots)
I think I may have put a capful or two of bleach in there
Tissue degrader stuff from CW
Wand for garden hose
I think that's it.