Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #1

Bad City Water Pressure Sunseeker

I am hooked up to city water and the pressure is horrible. BTW I have a Sunseeker 3170. I have removed the cylinder water filter and pressure is still hardly anything. Seems fine from spigot when hose is off. I don't know where the intake valve is or I would try that. Any help appreciated and happy holidays!
rossmdear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #2

Have you checked the water pressure with your demand pump only? If the pressure and flow is good, that eliminates closed valves downstream of the pump.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Have you checked pressure just at the spigot, or at the hose right before you attach to your city water connection?

I'd use that point to determine if the problem is internal to the rig, or external in the hose, filter or water pressure regulator. If all that's hooked up and fine, then next I'd determine if the pressure issue's on all taps (including shower and toilet) or just with a few of them.

If on all, then you'd be looking at either debris at the city connection itself, or possibly a failure in the water pump, allowing water to backfill the FW tank, and therefore lack of pressure until the tank fills. I'm not familiar with your unit, so I'm not sure where you need to look to check for these.

If you think it might be the pump, it could possibly just be debris in the check valve. Running the pump *might* clear that debris, allowing the check valve to close, and no more loss of pressure.

One thing you could try though if you're stuck is running from the FW tank itself. I've done that once in my TT at a park that had low pressure from the spigot. Just filled the tank and then used the water pump to keep the pressure up. Refilled the tank as needed.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #4

Demand pump?

What do you mean by demand pump. The only pump I know of is the pump to be used with non-city water. Is that what you mean? Can that pump affect city water?
Old 12-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #5

you may also unscrew the inside foucet aireator screen for debris... I clean mine every three or four months.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmdear View Post
I am hooked up to city water and the pressure is horrible. BTW I have a Sunseeker 3170. I have removed the cylinder water filter and pressure is still hardly anything. Seems fine from spigot when hose is off. I don't know where the intake valve is or I would try that. Any help appreciated and happy holidays!
This is just a WAG,Have you checked your Hose at the output end before you Hook up to City Water Inlet at Camper? I have seen Water supply Hoses that would (Balloon Inside) between the Plies and Slowly shut off the water! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #7
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
X2
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

rossmdear,
Give us a little more information to work with.
Is the flow poor at ALL faucets and toilet or just one?
Do you have anything in-line between the city water spigot and your rig? (ie,pressure regulator/external filter)
Do you have a screw on, in-line type pressure gauge that you can measure actual water pressure?
Did yo unhook the city water supply and try with the on-board pump?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmdear View Post
What do you mean by demand pump. The only pump I know of is the pump to be used with non-city water. Is that what you mean? Can that pump affect city water?
Yes.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #10

Water pressure

Screen at Rv inlet just inside the hookup you can touch with your finger just clean or take it out you have the same screen at your kitchen faucet
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #11

Any-yi-yi

To make a long story short, I had pressure at toilet and shower - none at bathroom sink and kitchen sink. It was those 2 faucet screens. I certainly learned a lot about pumps and filters and how it all works. But most of all, thanks for your speedy responses. By the time I figured out the issue, we had fillled water tank and were running off of that.
Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2015, 10:35 PM   #12

Water pressure

I didn't see any mention of checking the hose for a kink after you hooked it up and turned on the water. Easy to over look. Just a thought.
Joe-Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:16 PM   #13

The quickest way is the hose fitting with the gauge at the post. I also put a second gauge in a "T" under the bathroom vanity (beyond any sediment filters). If there is several pounds difference - something has a restriction.

Tags
pressure, sunseeker, water