Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #41
Originally Posted by Danielflading View Post
I found a local RV shop that sells the Digest it for about $12.00 a bottle. I am going to pick up a bottle this week. The guy in the parts department tells me he has seen it work on a TT that was lived in for three years and the dump valve was left open the entire time. He said the contents of the tank were overflowing into the potty and the traieler was never moved for the three years and the tank would would not drain at all. He told me it cleared the clog and he swears by it.

Well for $12 I really dont have anything to loose so I am going to try the sanke oil method.

I also talked to a mobile service that will clean out and sanitize the black and grey tanks including any caked up stuff for $225.00 anywhere in the Houston area as long as it is hooked up to a sewer and water, not my driveway. this is an option or possibly the next step after the RV Digest IT.

There are plenty of rv parks i can hook up to for this if needed in the area.

I am going with the Digest IT over the RidX simply because it is made for RV's and RidX is for septic systems.

Results of the Digest it to follow.

thanks for all of the ideas.

Dan, I am looking a bottle of R.V.DIGEST-IT I know you have the bottle with the instructions but for someone who doesn't - I see on the bottle it says for clogged drains to use a full quart with warm water for best results & let set for 24 hours.

Just my 2cents worth, Emptypockets

Everett & Joan after 60 years together. 2004 1/2 ton Chevy & 2011 Rockwood 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #42
Emptypockets you are correct, use an entire quart for clogged tanks is what I have read. after 24 hours it is suppossed to turn all contents to liquid. The warm water should not be a problem it has been 100 degrees here for the last month. I am sure trhe contents are warm at this point.

thanks for the info.

I will let everyone know what the outcome is after I try this method.

Danielflading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #43
OK DAN. It has been 24 hours.
Please update us. Its killing me.
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #44

OK DAN. It has been 24 hours.
Please update us. Its killing me.
Are you looking for a chance to pick up something to jump start your lawn or do you want to be there to witness the breaking of the dam?
dichayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #45
sorry for the delay, but I have not poured the bottle in yet because the only time I am able to haul hte TT to a dump site is on the weekend due to my work schedule.

I will be pouring it in tomorrow morning and dumping it on saturday morning.

Would you like me to video the outcome? I can post it for others to see if it does or does not work. 48 hours till dump time.

If this stuff works like the store tells me it does I will truly be amazed.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #46
Jan Goldfield
Work always gets in the way of a good time, doesn't it?
Jan Goldfield and Donna Morse
Slidell LA

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #47
Site Team - Lou
Well, I have seen all I need to of poo flowing through a clear elbow. So if its all the same to you; just let me know if it works good!

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #48
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN

If all else fails, go to Lowes/Home depot, purchase a "cheap" snake and some rubber high cuff gloves. When you dump, run the snake up dump line--------------------------STAND BACK AND PULL!!!!!!!!!!!! You will need a dump station that has a large concrete apron with the drain in the center.
You may have to fill and redrain a couple times. Somebody used the "POTTY" without putting any water in the black tank, just paper and little water. It will be messy, but will work!

Sid & HRH daisy
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #49
I was hoping not to have to video it, thanks! I will post the results on Saturday. Suspense at it's best!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #50
When you haul it makes sure it is full of water and add a couple of bags of ice. Personally I would add a few cups of salt as well.

Just try cleaning a stained coffee maker carafe with some water, ice, and salt and swish it around. Does an excellent job.

It will be clean as a whistle with a 15-20 minutes of driving.

Once you get this rectified the thing to remember is to always keep water in your black tank and never just leave it open. I usually fill mine up half full after dumping and rinsing it.

DCRC is offline   Reply With Quote