Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #21
Site Team

Here is a pretty good video that shows "real world" results from a few different types of tank cleaners. Those reverse flush valves don't do much besides clean the area around the valve.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa GLS View Post
Sure Paul
We do not put T/P in the black tank. NO clogs. Ever!
Same here, and that lets you use nice and soft baby wipes since they are not going down into the black tank.

If you don't want an open waste can with used toilet paper or wipes, get a Diaper Genie to keep next to the toilet.

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by actadh View Post
Same here, and that lets you use nice and soft baby wipes since they are not going down into the black tank.

If you don't want an open waste can with used toilet paper or wipes, get a Diaper Genie to keep next to the toilet.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
We also had a similar issue this fall. Went to drain tanks and black would not drain. It was a travel day, and I didn't have time to spare so we hit the road, travelling about 8 hours. Next morning I tried dumping the tank and it went no problem. Just needed some agitation from driving to get things moving again.
Don't we all!
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Don't we all!
LOL
Old 12-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #26

Cloggin' Ain't for Travel Trailers

Two Words: Snake.

Two More Words: Keep it handy.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #27
TnT

Had same type of problem it turned out to be the blank from one of the holes they put in the tank left it in the tank and it blocked the outlet. Had to have a p[umber run a snake up the outlet pipe. Good thing he was a friend.

2016 F350 Dually
2014 Spartan 1032
2010 F250 it went to a new owner
2008 Harley Road Glide
TnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:00 AM   #28

Our old Flagstaff TT had a very shallow Black Tank,,, and would plug up very easy,,, We used TP Digester,,, single ply TP,,, and flushed after each trip with Toilet Wand !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #29

The final Solution....

Is this

Electric Bidets | Bidet.org

No Mo TP Evah!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #30

Question for the readers: How and who would you contact to check to see if it is a misaligned hole, an old hole floating around in the tank, only a partially cut hole, or something else? A plumber? A dealer? Dial-a-friend? I have had two blockages that I have had to snake to clear. My 26rr has a 90-degree elbow below the toilet to get to the black tank instead of just dropping straight in. Any other 26rr owners have a similar situation? Anyone else with this happening? We usually find the problem when we are using a lot of water to flush and it starts to back up into the drain pipe. Just as a preemptive strike: we use lots of water, keep the tank full until 2/3's full before dumping, use both a black tank flush and a Flush King at the dump valve.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #31

WOW a 90° elbow from your toilet? Never heard of that...seems like it would set you up for disaster

Given that your unit is brand new, I would contact your dealer and explain the issue. Your Gray Wolf is still under warranty, so they should be able to come up with something.

I would also consider contacting the FR Gray Wolf division and letting them know of the problem
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #32

Thanks to all !!!!!!!!

Got it cleared by using and employing all you guys and gals suggestions. Thanks.
Bluesman731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #33

We have had a similar problem at times. Not enough water with each flush lets the paper pile up right under the toilet. If your sure the tank isn't full, just turn of the water, hold the flush valve open and use some sort of small rod or stick to move the lump of paper around. Works for me.
RandyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #34

Used to have a stick up north that I keep outside,,, to stir & break up the pile,,,
I had tape on one end,,, so I would know which end not to grab !!!
LOL !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
Question for the readers: How and who would you contact to check to see if it is a misaligned hole, an old hole floating around in the tank, only a partially cut hole, or something else? A plumber? A dealer? Dial-a-friend? I have had two blockages that I have had to snake to clear. My 26rr has a 90-degree elbow below the toilet to get to the black tank instead of just dropping straight in. Any other 26rr owners have a similar situation? Anyone else with this happening? We usually find the problem when we are using a lot of water to flush and it starts to back up into the drain pipe. Just as a preemptive strike: we use lots of water, keep the tank full until 2/3's full before dumping, use both a black tank flush and a Flush King at the dump valve.
Fortunately on my camper the toilet hole is a straight drop into the tank so we couldn't have some of the problems that other have due to elbows and long slanted pipes leading to the tank. I was thinking that it could be possible that the surface quality of the pipe and or elbow could degrade and get 'sticky' or rough and not slide as good as it should to the poo or paper. Maybe an occasional scrubbing of the pipe and or treatment with a surface lubricant every so often could keep things moving better. I use the GEO method and when I mix up the Calgon water softener and feel how slick it is I wonder if pouring a strong mix of that down the toilet at the beginning of the tank use would help make that drain pipe slick and better for 'stuff' sliding right down. . Like I said I only have experience with a straight drop so don't know if this is even worth thinking about.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT View Post
Had same type of problem it turned out to be the blank from one of the holes they put in the tank left it in the tank and it blocked the outlet. Had to have a p[umber run a snake up the outlet pipe. Good thing he was a friend.
2x--We had a similar issue with the "tank cutout" wedged in the drain valve and we had to take the valve apart to remove the piece of flooring causing the blockage. This seems to be pretty standard with the FR brands, cut the hole out and let the piece of flooring simply fall into the tank. And several of know what comes next, unfortunately!!!!!!!!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank