Old 12-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #1

Black tank clog !!!!!!!!!!!

Used another kind of TP and it clogged our black tank. The TP from wally world said RV safe . It felt more like paper than the normal stuff we have been using. Well my toilet started to bubble when flushed. I have been loading the tank with the little bags of breakdown product. It still seems to be clogged with a lot of the paper TP. My unit is an 832ikbs. We love it and want to fix it ASAP. Any thoughts would be very very welcome. My plans tonight are to fish out all the paper I can and go from there. Any thoughts ? Thanks. Chris.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #2

Had that happened once.Called the septic truck and they sucked every thing out.Never had a issue
Cost was fair 40 bucks

Old 12-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #3

We also had a similar issue this fall. Went to drain tanks and black would not drain. It was a travel day, and I didn't have time to spare so we hit the road, travelling about 8 hours. Next morning I tried dumping the tank and it went no problem. Just needed some agitation from driving to get things moving again.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman731 View Post
Used another kind of TP and it clogged our black tank. The TP from wally world said RV safe . It felt more like paper than the normal stuff we have been using. Well my toilet started to bubble when flushed. I have been loading the tank with the little bags of breakdown product. It still seems to be clogged with a lot of the paper TP. My unit is an 832ikbs. We love it and want to fix it ASAP. Any thoughts would be very very welcome. My plans tonight are to fish out all the paper I can and go from there. Any thoughts ? Thanks. Chris.

We have used Charmin 2-ply household TP for years with no issues whatsoever.

My guess is you are using a lot of TP and not a lot of water. Water is your friend (your BEST friend in a black tank )

Remember, your black tank is a HOLDING tank not a septic tank so using those "little packages" will not help.

Use the GEO method: Oemy's Web Site - Tech Tips

Does you unit have a black tank rinse/flush? If not, get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-Fl...ack+tank+flush

Or a more permanent solution is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40126-To...ack+tank+flush
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman731 View Post
Are you sure that your discharge Pipe/Hose is clear? How long is your sewer hose? Are you using LOTS of Water Every time you Flush? Are you keeping the Discharge Vale CLOSED until your Black Tank is 3/4+ Full? Paper gets a LOT of Bad Raps when it is a (Innocent Bystander)! Youroo!! Water is your Friend!
Old 12-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
Site Team

I've used one of these with pretty good results.

Amazon.com: Valterra A01-0187VP Flexible Tank Wand: Automotive

This might work as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40074-Flexible-Swivel-Shutoff/dp/B0006IX7YC
Old 12-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #7

Bluesman,in some cases of Plumbing and other things it may Help to also include Flagstaff along with your (832IKBS) it Helps! Thanks Youroo!! PS Are you set up for the Winter in Allen,TX? Hooking up and driving around might Not be much Fun!
Old 12-14-2015, 12:22 PM   #8

The problem may not actually be the TP but more so your dumping technique.
I am assuming your black is full now, this could get messy.
My thought is all the TP has now piled up against the gate valve and the head pressure from the liquid has packed it tight which is now acting as a plug.
I suppose a slim but nil chance may be the vent stack is blocked and a vacuum has been created.
This would be the easiest way to fix, turn the water supply off, ensure the toilet flap is left open and then open your dump valve. This is a shot in the dark but myself, I like to try everything before I get dirty.
Edited:I just noticed post 3- Lenny that might be the easiest.
The only way I can think of is to purchase a 90 with the garden hose connection, buy that rv wand. With the 90 and sewer hose attached, attach a garden hose to the wand, put wand through the Hole on the 90, turn the water on for the wand and start poking/jamming the wand at the valve. This is where the blockage would be.
If this does work, remove the wand and block the hole quickly.
Depending on where the black valve actually is this may be a problem as the wand might not be lying enough. Check the location of the valve first, no sense buying something that won't work.
I'm just sitting here doing nothing really, well reading the posts. Just thought I'd try help somewhat.
One thing tho, do you empty the black when it's less than half full or so. This good be the problem as there isn't enough pressure/flow to remove all the TP which slowly piles up against the gate valve until.........

Anyway had fun writing this novel, lol. Hopefully you get this resolved, soon.
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #9

I know the cure, but will not say it. Have before & the flamers came out of the woodwork.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
We also had a similar issue this fall. Went to drain tanks and black would not drain. It was a travel day, and I didn't have time to spare so we hit the road, travelling about 8 hours. Next morning I tried dumping the tank and it went no problem. Just needed some agitation from driving to get things moving again.
Same thing happens to me as well as gthe fact it was Thanksgiving and colder. I don't think the colder temperatures help in breaking down the TP either.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank