Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #1

Black Tank Flush

Went to use the black tank flush for the first time this morning and once the hose was connected and turned on, water was pouring out of the bottom of the trailer....black tank valve was open. Anyone else experience this, and if so what did the fix involve. Thanks

rather_b_camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:48 PM   #2

Crawl under and check the line that runs from the connector to the tank. I bet it is not connected. Or maybe it froze and busted this winter if water was left in the line
Old 03-21-2016, 07:13 AM   #3

The line isn't accessible, or at least easily accessible, because I have an enclosed underbelly, and I've never used the tank flush before yesterday so there shouldn't have been any water in the line over winter.

rather_b_camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:30 AM   #4

When I tried to use mine for the 1st time, water was coming out of the connections that I found in the basement and under the sink in the bathroom. All of them were loose. I hand tightened them and they've been good so far and I tightened them when the 5er was new in 2009. Might want to check all your connections 1st. Hopefully you can get to them without to much trouble.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #5

Check somewhere for this vacuum break check valve inside your trailer, usually in bathroom vanity.......could be leaking at connections or not sealing.....
Attached Images

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #6

a 2016, so its still under warranty, take to dealer and have them show you how/where they do the fix, ...may be very simple as not connected(but if you can't find it, that's not simple) or it may be more involved such as a split hose, cracked plastic connection, ect.,.....hope your dealer is closer than our nearest one, two hrs. away.......good luck

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rather_b_camping View Post
The line isn't accessible, or at least easily accessible, because I have an enclosed underbelly, and I've never used the tank flush before yesterday so there shouldn't have been any water in the line over winter.
If the "BTF" was checked during a PDI there was water in it,not all are plumed the same so you could also have a Freeze issue! Like said return to Dealer and let them "Chase" the leak! 2016 still covered! Youroo!! Check valve and Winterizing the BTF has been Posted here on FRF Many times!
Old 03-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #8

There should be no water in the BTF because the black tank is vented and the input side is open to ambient. The BTF is uphill from both sides and is a vacuum breaker as well. All water will drain out of it. Of course this is predicated upon it being installed correctly. There has been a lot of issues with the installation of this type BTF valve.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #9

Question on Coachmen Freedom Express

Hi guys.

Does anyone know if the black water drain comes straight from the black water tank? We are picking up our 2016 Coachman Freedom Express 233 RBS next week and it does not have a black water flush so I want to purchase a Valterra F02-4100 45 or 90 Degree Hydroflush With Removable Anti-siphon Valve.
Was wondering if it matters if I use the 45 degree or the 90?

Thanks in advance for any help at all!
Getting the Pre RV Jitters!
Thanks,
Rhody
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Hi guys.

Does anyone know if the black water drain comes straight from the black water tank? We are picking up our 2016 Coachman Freedom Express 233 RBS next week and it does not have a black water flush so I want to purchase a Valterra F02-4100 45 or 90 Degree Hydroflush With Removable Anti-siphon Valve.
Was wondering if it matters if I use the 45 degree or the 90?
I know what the Hydroflush is, but I can't believe that flushing method could be better than a spray installed inside the tank. The Quickie Flush is a unit that you install into the tank, IMO it would be the closest thing to a factory installed tank flush. I've installed four, two in black tanks and two in gray tanks, and would not hesitate to add it to any tank that doesn't have a factory installed flush unit. The link below is the Quickie Flush at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40123-Qu...=quickie+flush

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #11

Black Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
I know what the Hydroflush is, but I can't believe that flushing method could be better than a spray installed inside the tank. The Quickie Flush is a unit that you install into the tank, IMO it would be the closest thing to a factory installed tank flush. I've installed four, two in black tanks and two in gray tanks, and would not hesitate to add it to any tank that doesn't have a factory installed flush unit. The link below is the Quickie Flush at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40123-Qu...=quickie+flush
Thank you fella10!
I am not quite that handy, but I may look into having my dealer install it and or Camping World.
Rhody
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank