Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2015, 12:59 PM   #21

This is the document that came with my GT 378TS. Forest River may use a different supplier for the different units but I would think the install would be similar. I do believe OC's factory install with 2 check valves was a fluke (there may be more). Notice that the document specifically says to not have another check valve in series. My particular check valve is 5 feet above floor level. The input at the tank (spray nozzle) is close to the top of the tank. My external connection is in the water connection bay and there is no other check valve in the black tank cleanout line. The tank is vented.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scanned Picture 2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	87421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scanned Picture 1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	87422   Click image for larger version

Name:	vacuum-breaker.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	87424  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
...I do believe OC's factory install with 2 check valves was a fluke (there may be more)...
Or it could be the way 2012 Flagstaffs were produced and just maybe "bubbles" is incorrect in assuming they used the same flush system as his. Endless possibilities exist on how and why FR does things one way on one brand and totally different on another. Gljurczyk says his Rockwood does not have the inlet check valve like mine, and they ran down the same assy line. GO FIGURE!
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Or it could be the way 2012 Flagstaffs were produced and just maybe "bubbles" is incorrect in assuming they used the same flush system as his. Endless possibilities exist on how and why FR does things one way on one brand and totally different on another. Gljurczyk says his Rockwood does not have the inlet check valve like mine, and they ran down the same assy line. GO FIGURE!
Said "SIMILAR" not same. Gljurczyk ran down same assembly line and not like yours; "fluke" install.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Said "SIMILAR" not same. Gljurczyk ran down same assembly line and not like yours; "fluke" install.
I think those without the check valve at the inlet are the "flukes". I don't really know that Glenn's doesn't have one, he hasn't furnished any pictures of the inside of his inlet connection. I find it hard to believe FR would rely on the cheap Chinese plastic valves as the only back flow prevention. No good reason to be limited to only one.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #25

I bought my Flagstaff 32IKWS in June and first trip out I could not feel any water running when doing the flush. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Said the valve was not installed correctly. Not sure what that meant, but it worked next time out.
lmiken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank