Old 06-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #11
Originally Posted by howie70 View Post
Well this one drips inside my bathroom cabinet. That is unacceptable. And as far as contaminating my campers fresh water..... I say it can't happen. It is not connected any way shape or form to my fresh water system. I can see where there is a very very slight chance of back flow into the supply hose. Think I will go with Fonzie's recommendation.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
if it leaks it is either a loose connection or the diaphragm is not sealing well . check the threaded connection if none then it needs replaced these should not leak or drip

northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #12
My factory installed Black tank flush on my 2012 Stealth 2714 toyhauler quit working last year. It won't take water when the hose is hooked up on the outside hose point. It's almost as if the line was capped off. When it worked, we could hear the sprinkler head in the black tank, but now.. nothing.

I've looked for the culprit and noticed the check valve unit as I was following the line from the outer hook-up to the tank. The check valve unit isn't leaking but I wonder if maybe its broken and stuck closed. I hope that it's not the problem because it's tucked up high behind the sink and will be nearly impossible to get to with removing my kitchen counter top. For what it's worth, mine appears to be a JR Products vacuum breaker / check valve as I matched pictures I found on Google.

My only other thought was that the sprinkler head itself is broken. I thought it might be clogged with TP but we never even get close to filling the black tank. And I ruled out the TP clog also because the line doesn't accept any water at all. As I said, it's like it's completely sealed or capped.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ADVtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:17 AM   #13
it could be the back flow or the nozzle is clog from debris from the hose . i would replace back flow first . it does need to be mounted higher then the intake . maybe just need to remove sink . can't say with out a few pictures
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #14
The back flow preventer on your black tank flush is not there to protect the fresh water supply of the camper, it is there to protect the source. If black water backed up into the source supply, it could contaminate the entire campground's fresh water system.

hunterrick is offline   Reply With Quote

black, black tank, black tank flush, tank