Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #21

Keep in find. Non-Potable water means what it says. Do not use it to fill any tanks. It is only meant to rinse hoses etc at dump stations. These are commonly found at public RV waste dumping stations such as those that are found at highway rest areas and stores such as Cabbalas. AGAIN I STRESS NON POTABLE MEANS THAT! NOT SAFE TO BE USED TO FILL TANKS. The potential of contamination and bacteria is too great to take the chance.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGREG View Post
Keep in find. Non-Potable water means what it says. Do not use it to fill any tanks. It is only meant to rinse hoses etc at dump stations. These are commonly found at public RV waste dumping stations such as those that are found at highway rest areas and stores such as Cabbalas. AGAIN I STRESS NON POTABLE MEANS THAT! NOT SAFE TO BE USED TO FILL TANKS. The potential of contamination and bacteria is too great to take the chance.

Any tank? Or just fresh water tank??
Is it not OK to use it to flush out black tank?
Charles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
Those folks who park at the dump station to fill, flush, fill, flush, etc. are probably the same folks who park their gas-powered SUV at the only diesel pump within 20 miles while they go inside the Mini-Mart for lunch!!!

Yep - we encountered some of that this past week.... ugh!
Charles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #24

I probably would only use the provided hose to rinse the waste hose. I don't think I would put any non-potable water in the black tank as the source of the non-potable water can nor be ascertained. I don't want to take the chance on any lingering smells in the tank until I could rinse and flush with fresh water. But that is me.....
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:22 PM   #25
Senior Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
Those folks who park at the dump station to fill, flush, fill, flush, etc. are probably the same folks who park their gas-powered SUV at the only diesel pump within 20 miles while they go inside the Mini-Mart for lunch!!!
Funny! but some guys just don't get it! Now that I am into my 8th decade, I just don't let my BP go up over those sorts of behaviors. To include: left lane loungers, tailgaters, barking dogs, loud rap music and on and on.

Life's too short.

Happy camping to all

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank