Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
Working at retired:D

Black tank flush handle

Just a quick positive note for Forest River support. Well maybe a bit long to explain the story I have a 2017 Wildcat 301RES. I lost the black tank flush handle and extension somewhere on the road to Florida from Ohio. The extension attaches to the valve through the frame and is inside the under cover. Not a big issue, I moved the grey handle and extension over to black so I could dump tank. Finding a replacement handle/extension assembly was another issue. Local dealers didn't understand and only have fits all extensions that use a set screw to attach to the valve. Can't do that without dropping the under cover or cutting a hole. Contacted selling dealer, they said have to replace the valve, can't get the parts except fits all as previously mentioned. Changing valve for a 1 minute fix isn't a very good option. So I put 1/4x20 all thread rod and sleeve nut on it as temporary fix. Contacted Forest River service and parts directly. They knew exactly what I was talking about and shipped new assembly to me at no charge. Call me impressed and happy.
tx333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #2

Good Job tx333, but just to let you know in Ohio- -what you did would get you a trophy down here in red-neck country.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank