Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #1

Black tank flush out option

Hey everyone. I have a 2012 Rockwood 2902ss I have tried to clean out my black tank last few times out and nothing happens. I hook up water hose to black tank hose fitting on side of trailer turn water on open tank and nothing. I have even opened toilet to listen and nothing. Would love to get it to work but local dealer who bought trailer from isn't helping me at all. He says shove hose into toilet it cleans tank way better. I have this option on my trailer and would love to use it. Any ideas.
jaycemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #2

We also have the 2901SS, simply love the floorplan and cannot believe that they discontinued it.

Your turbo flush has a check valve at the connection in the sidewall of the camper, I would check that first to make sure it is opening/not stuck. If the check valve is opening properly I would check the connections inside the trailer. If you go under the lower bunk on the side of the trailer all of your water connections are under there. There are a few screws under the cushion holding the 1/8" luan plywood down. I removed all of these screws and left them out, they really have no purpose. Makes access to this area easier. Just inside the wall of the hose connection is an anti siphon valve, this could also be stuck/faulty. If the anti-siphon valve is not the issue the hose from there could be plugged, it that is not the issue from there it is under the trailer. Checking here is more involved since it requires you to remove the underbelly covering for access. Checking here I would call a last resort but the turbo nozzle itself in the side of the tank could be bad. If you have any questions feel free to reply on this thread or PM me. Hope this helps, the turbo flush does a decent job of cleaning the tank if you have the patience to let it run while at the dump station.

If you get it working properly I would suggest that you get a clear elbow connection for your sewer hose, this helps to see (yuck!!) when the tank is clean (the water will be running clear with no chunks).
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #3

Yes that makes total sence. Clear elbow is good idea as well. Today I seen the elbows that u can hook hose to as well to. Clean out tank. We love the trailer wouldn't go with another plan. Would be nice if the dealer would buck up and repair under warranty but dealing with someone else's black tank I would run as well lol
jaycemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycemak View Post
Hey everyone. I have a 2012 Rockwood 2902ss I have tried to clean out my black tank last few times out and nothing happens. I hook up water hose to black tank hose fitting on side of trailer turn water on open tank and nothing. I have even opened toilet to listen and nothing. Would love to get it to work but local dealer who bought trailer from isn't helping me at all. He says shove hose into toilet it cleans tank way better. I have this option on my trailer and would love to use it. Any ideas.
If it's under warrenty and I paid for that feature, I would tell the people that I bought the trailor from to fix it.

Emery
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #5

You might try turning on the water supply to the flush valve very slowly. My backflow preventer, or one-way valve, is temperamental. Too much pressure, too fast and it will lock up for some reason. It works fine if I gently apply water pressure.

Tags
black tank, black tank flush