Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain h View Post
What is a vacum breaker

My grandson. He's broken two of our vacuums so far.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
WTH?
IK. Pretty crazy, but u know those Clampers... they're a wild California bunch.
Kei2thehwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoma Sam View Post
BACKWARDS??, oh boy I hope not, do they have to drop the tank to redo everything? I am not sure I trust them to go that deep into my trailer yet, It has the Artic package where everything is sealed under the trailer so they have to remove all that, Yes I did keep the water on and went inside and flushed the toilet and while it was in the open position I listened into the toilet and could not here water running.
our was plumbed wrong. Brought it back it was still under warranty and they said I would have never gotten any water through as it was plumbed wrong. they also said it was backwards. LOL. so nothing ever went through. Once it was replumbed it worked perfectly. So it is not you bring it back and have them look it over.
mbanovetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanovetz View Post
our was plumbed wrong. Brought it back it was still under warranty and they said I would have never gotten any water through as it was plumbed wrong. they also said it was backwards. LOL. so nothing ever went through. Once it was replumbed it worked perfectly. So it is not you bring it back and have them look it over.
Backwards can mean anything from requiring replumbing to just switching decals. I would not just take my word for it, I guess I would consult a dealer or the factory, but my black tank flush fed the Municipal Water Supply and my Municipal Water Supply Inlet filled up my black tank and then when I stepped on the toilet pedal it blew up in my face. Luckily I didn't rupture the black tank by filling it full of high-pressured Municipal Water!
Kei2thehwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #45

well ours would not let antifreeze or water or anything enter it. wasn't mislabeled cause there is only the water tank on the side of the camper and the flush on the back of the camper that was it. It worked once we got it home after they fixed it. They did say it was an issue when putting the camper together. it was one place they did not test before selling it to us. We have since bought a newer camper.
mbanovetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #46
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei2thehwy View Post
Backwards can mean anything from requiring replumbing to just switching decals. I would not just take my word for it, I guess I would consult a dealer or the factory, but my black tank flush fed the Municipal Water Supply and my Municipal Water Supply Inlet filled up my black tank and then when I stepped on the toilet pedal it blew up in my face. Luckily I didn't rupture the black tank by filling it full of high-pressured Municipal Water!
The waste tanks all have a vent pipe that goes to the roof and vents out there.
Water would fill the tanks and come out the roof vent before rupturing.

There have been many reports here of folks forgetting and walking away while in the tank flush processes with the termination valve closed.
They all admitted to water running off the roof.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei2thehwy View Post
Luckily I didn't rupture the black tank by filling it full of high-pressured Municipal Water!
It’s not luck that kept it from rupturing. No matter what the pressure of the municipal water supply, there is a vent on the tank which goes through the roof that would have eventually spilled over once there was enough water in the system. So, for easy math, say from the bottom of your black tank to the top of the black vent going through the roof is 10’, the maximum pressure you could ever subject your black water system to is about 4.33psi — even if your municipal water supply is 150psi.

Bruce
Old 12-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
The waste tanks all have a vent pipe that goes to the roof and vents out there.
Water would fill the tanks and come out the roof vent before rupturing.

There have been many reports here of folks forgetting and walking away while in the tank flush processes with the termination valve closed.
They all admitted to water running off the roof.
Don't ask how I know but it's not a pretty sight to see toilet paper coming off your roof and rolling down your awning
Old 12-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain h View Post
I have the same problem
We have a brand new Vibe 224 Rls
This fall to winterized the unit I use air to flush the tank flush
I started at 40 psi then 60nothing then 80 still nothing at 85 or so psi I manage to get the air in
I don’t know about you but I never saw a camping facility with 100 psi water pressure
So I will guess that the valve is defective
We had 2015 Vibe and the black tank flush didn’t work on that unit either. I actually removed the back flow check valve and just installed a piece of pipe in it’s place to see if the check valve was the problem. When the tank flush still didn’t work, then I knew for sure that the check valve wasn’t my issue. I took the camper back to the dealer to fix it along with a couple of other issues. The service manager told me that the problem was probably the check valve. I told him that wasn’t the problem and what I had done, and told him to make sure that after they work on it, to make sure that they actually connect a hose to the flush and make sure they fixed it. Sure enough, 4 months later, when I got the camper back, the black tank flush still didn’t work! I was furious, and decided that I’m just going to fix it myself. I pulled the cardboard underbelly down and found that the hose to the flush was pinched between the frame and the holding tank. I had to cut the hose and splice in a new section, worked great after that. Sorry for the long post, but the dealer really chapped over that ordeal.
Movike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #50

Kink

When we did our shakedown run on our new Rpod, the cold water in the galley did not work. Hot did as wel as both hot and cold in head, shower and outdoor shower. After removing a panel under the sink, I discovered the hose was too long and had kinked cutting off flow. That was an easy fix
perez52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #51
RwWildcat327re

Mine was also faulty. I cut it out and added a backflow preventer.
rickndebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoma Sam View Post
do you guys think this will be a good replacement, When I decide to change it.
https://www.amazon.com/Cash-Acme-173...XBGVNRAKSEMZHZ

the reviews on Amazon for that unit are impressive, 98% positive, ... did a search and found a better price at Lowe's, ... the Lead Free model of that very same unit for $16.00, ...

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Cash-Acme-B...ker/1000385647

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #53
RwWildcat327re

Either of those should be fine but I just eliminated mine and the excess pipe and put an inline backflow preventer. Gives me a straight shot from connection thru backflow preventer into tank.
rickndebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickndebi View Post
Either of those should be fine but I just eliminated mine and the excess pipe and put an inline backflow preventer. Gives me a straight shot from connection thru backflow preventer into tank.
What you did (straight shot to tank) would require a backflow preventer but with the way the factory installed cleanout is installed (at least 6" above the toilet rim) just replacing the valve with tubing (leaving all existing tubing in place) would have sufficed. The way it is installed is just overkill and bypassing the valve will not create any issues.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #55

Have 2018 Sonoma 167bh same issue

This must be a common part failure in these trailers. I have a 2018 Sonoma 167BH Mountain edition same failure. I bought my trailer in June, and have camped at least 4 nights each month since. The black tank flush worked fine when I first tried it, but I really hadn't used it much because I went with a Rhino elbow that had the back flush connector built in. My last trip end of November I tried to use the tank flush and got no water going through. I decided to look at it last night while I was under sink changing kitchen faucet out to a pull down model. I saw the vacuum Break/Check valve as pictured in this post. Kind of left it at that. Then woke up this morning and saw this thread. Fairly certain I'm dealing with a faulty valve as well. I've ordered a brass replacement, and I'm going to install a inline pex push to connect check valve. Hopefully it will fix that issue. Glad I stopped by forum this morning.
closedquestion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:35 AM   #56

Me, too

Sam -

I feel your pain. I've had the same issue for over a year -- usually everything works grest: I hook up the flush hose, turn on the water, and I can hear it running -- no sweat. Then, about 15 months ago, when I turned on the water to flush-- nothing.

Like you, I disconnected, checked to make sure I had water pressure, reconnected, and again, nothing. The first time this happened, I was dumb enough to just leave it, figuring I'd check it "in a while."

I got busy doing other things, until I heard my wife scream from inside the coach. Somehow, the black tank flush had miraculously unclogged and the water started flowing. The toilet had overflowed and water was working it's way down the hallway. PANIC! I quickly ran to the faucet and turned off the water.

It's happened once since that it appeared clogged again, and thankfully, after two tries, it started flushing again. I wish someone could fix this occasional "clog" issue, but I've had it in for service three separate times, and none of the RV mechanical geniuses have been able to figure what the issue is, much less fix it.

I'm simply having to live with it and just pray it doesn't happen again anytime soon. Good luck with yours, brother traveler.

Travelin' Tee
tdgysin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank