Old 12-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #1

Black tank Flush problem

Hello friends
Well the wife and I went on our first shakedown camping trip. A little two day escape only about an hour from home. I threw everything at the trailer to see how it all worked and I am very pleased with how the Sonoma 167rb faired. I ran it on full hookups and also on dry camped the last day. So the only one issue I ran up against, We did our first black and grey water dump at the dump station, everything went smoothly. I then wanted to hook up the water to the automatic tank flush of the black tank, I twisted on the hose to the inlet and I turned on the hose to start washing/flushing the black tank, I heard nothing like water was not flowing into the tank, I removed the water hose and made sure water was flowing good, I hooked it up to the trailer and turned it on again, nothing no water was going into the tank, I waited a few minutes went around and opened my black tank valve, and nothing came out, the water was on into the flush tank but no water was coming out of my black tank. Its like the flush tank inlet is plugged or their is another valve somewhere I missed to turn the sprinkler on inside the black tank, HELP. could something have plugged it up, this is the first time I used it. Their is a small screened washer where I hook up the hose and that was installed properly and not plugged at all, Well I ended up running the hose inside the trailer and filling the black tank up thur the toilet all the way full and then emptied it out again. I tried the black water flush one last time and it still would not let me put water in the black tank. HELP, did I do something wrong? any ideas on what I can try. Oh when we got home, I got my shop vac and put it up to the inlet where the hose goes and try to suck up anything that may be in the line. I did the vacuum with and without the black tank valve open, and still didn't help. What did I do wrong? Did I make another stupid newbie mistake?

Sonoma Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #2

How long did you let it run?

It sprays, so it doesn't put out the volume like you might be expecting.

It may have been working fine.

2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #3

Mine was installed backwards, if you want to verify if it is running, connect the water hose and turn it on, go inside and open the toilet you will hear it if it is running. I let mine run until I no longer hear the water running thru the toilet, then I shut the water off and open the black tank drain, I would verify the valve is in stalled correctly or it is working correctly.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
How long did you let it run?

It sprays, so it doesn't put out the volume like you might be expecting.

It may have been working fine.

At the most about 2-5 minutes on several attemps, I listened and could not here water going in, then I opened my black tank slide valve and nothing no water came out, once I even went inside the trailer with water hooked to the flush inlet and flushed the toilet so it was open and still could not here any water going into the tank
Old 12-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #5

I had the same problem but later realized I was hooked to the antifreeze connection and not the blank tank flush.
Okmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
Mine was installed backwards, if you want to verify if it is running, connect the water hose and turn it on, go inside and open the toilet you will hear it if it is running..
BACKWARDS??, oh boy I hope not, do they have to drop the tank to redo everything? I am not sure I trust them to go that deep into my trailer yet, It has the Artic package where everything is sealed under the trailer so they have to remove all that, Yes I did keep the water on and went inside and flushed the toilet and while it was in the open position I listened into the toilet and could not here water running.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okmechanic View Post
I had the same problem but later realized I was hooked to the antifreeze connection and not the blank tank flush.
I am pretty sure I dont have an antifreeze connection on my Sonoma trailer.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoma Sam View Post
BACKWARDS??, oh boy I hope not, do they have to drop the tank to redo everything? I am not sure I trust them to go that deep into my trailer yet, It has the Artic package where everything is sealed under the trailer so they have to remove all that, Yes I did keep the water on and went inside and flushed the toilet and while it was in the open position I listened into the toilet and could not here water running.
The flush nozzle is not backwards but the vacuum breaker/check valve has been known to be installed backwards. Itís somewhere above the water level of the commodeó sometimes under the bathroom sink cabinet.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 7; booked = 22
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
The flush nozzle is not backwards but the vacuum breaker/check valve has been known to be installed backwards. Itís somewhere above the water level of the commodeó sometimes under the bathroom sink cabinet.
Thank you for clarifying that, after re-reading my statement I realized I didn't explain it very well.

My backflow preventor was right behind the connection.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #10

Not sure of your set up My unit has the city water to one side then next to it is the fresh water fill for the tank and just below that is the black tank flush . if yours is like this you may want to make sure you had the hose hooked to the right connection .

MR.M is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank