Old 08-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
Black tank handle and rod

I was being lazy and not paying attention when I closed my black tank valve this am. when I pushed it to close it I bent the rod. When I tried to straighten it out I ended up with the rod and hand in my hand. iI broke off at the threaded stud at the valve itself, the stud is still there with a little of the rod still on it. I am sure I can get the rest of the rod off the stud. I am just not sure where to get a new threaded rod I saw some on Amazon but, they are not threaded. Any help would be appreciated.

2014 Crusader 325res Touring Edition
2003 Silverado Duramax 6.6 Dually Longbed 2wd Crew Cab
Nights Camped 2014-51
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
is the rod basically unsupported? the stud on the valve is 1/4" 20 threads per inch. you could just get a union nut and some "all thread". pull the valve rod out with pliers and try to thread off the broken end. sometimes there is enough thread left in the rod end to reconnect. replacement rods are available as well.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote

black, black tank, tank