Old 05-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #11

We use Campa Chem liquid and have for many years with no problem. That and one-ply toilet tissue.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #12

This is way off base for this discussion but how do you ask a question/start a new thread?

Old 05-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #13

Totally agree with no chemicals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
It's a holding tank, not a septic tank. You fill it up then you dump it. I used chemicals when I first started out camping. Never found any value in them and hated the sweet smell. Now I just use water, lots of it. I dump when I need to and then flush the tank and start over. I use lots of water with every use of the toilet and only use our regular toilet paper from our house....Never had a single problem in over 30 years...
Never have used chemicals in the black tank and never a problem. I always am sure to leave water in the tank and I flush until the water is clear. Simple.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Installed a Blue Streak and now use SuperClean(1cup) 1 cap of Pinesol and the rest water. Works great. Keeps everything in solution and drains fast. We do not put paper in the commode.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #15

I use the Aqua-Chem formaldehyde free. Many of the smaller campgrounds with septic systems cannot tolerate a formaldehyde chemical.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:20 PM   #16

Major thing here, is if you do use chemicals please do not use anything with formaldehyde.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #17

We travel long weekends only & usually only a dump station instead of full hookup so judicious use of the toilet, clear elbow to dump, when we have full hook up will rinse the blackwater tank & have tried just about every chemical out there for odor (we also added a different vent cap to the tank after a very windy camping stay blew a ton of odor back into the TT). Best chemical so far : Camco TST RV toilet treatment citrus scent liquid
Old 05-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneeagle View Post
This is way off base for this discussion but how do you ask a question/start a new thread?
Go to the forum main page at Forest River Forums - Forest River Owners Community , click on the applicable sub-forum, click on the "New Thread" button at the top of the topic list.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:22 PM   #19

Happy camper works very well for us. Biogradeable and no harsh chemicals. google to find out more
Old 05-25-2015, 11:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Installed a Blue Streak and now use SuperClean(1cup) 1 cap of Pinesol and the rest water. Works great. Keeps everything in solution and drains fast. We do not put paper in the commode.
It IS a toilet...I would never consider not putting our used toilet paper in the toilet where it belongs...GROSS!

Tags
black, black tank, tank