Old 03-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #31

I'll try it on the way home

Old 03-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #32
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I found it at a RV Sales in East Moline Illinois. I'll get back to you on the details. I do remember temp above 70 degrees Fahrenheit and driving and flushing. So you need to be out and about. It's 3 degrees right now so I wouldn't.

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #33

It's about 75 here....
Appreciate the info
Old 03-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #34

This might be an Idea, a hookup that you connect a pressure washer to. A wide angle nozzle with downward angle on the nozzle would be a great mod.. Going to have to think on this.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
This might be an Idea, a hookup that you connect a pressure washer to. A wide angle nozzle with downward angle on the nozzle would be a great mod.. Going to have to think on this.
Just be careful of back spray and I would not hold the fantail nozzle on a sensor for long.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224
Here's a easy wand to build. Use CPVC plastic pipe (stronger than white PVC). Use about 3' and glue on an 90 deg ell, short nipple and glue a cap. Cap is drilled for 3/32" hole. On top of wand glue on a adapter for hose thread, add hose vave with male/ female connections. Drag hose into camper and pressurize. Insert into W/C, open valve. Rotate wand 360 at 2" level changes. Soon all probes will be clean. The problem is usually the walls are dirty and conductive between the probes, thats why you must wash. No worry to damaage the probes they are simply expansion bolts very tight in the tank wall.

When properly made the lance will shoot a stream about 20' plenty of jet to clean any tank. One hole only.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Just be careful of back spray and I would not hold the fantail nozzle on a sensor for long.
Was thinking of a Plexiglas shield that would fit in the toilet bowel and only a 45 degree fitting to aim nozzle so its only hitting bottom of tank direct and not sensors. It still should knock anything off the sensors indirectly.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #38

Location: Boone Lake, TN 13 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway
I'm on a permanent site, blocked up and never tow, so ice cubes and sloshing concoctions will never work. When we got this unit a few years ago the black tank gauge was never accurate and despite the PO showing us how to pour copious quantities of foul smelling chemicals down the toilet it still stank, to put it mildly.

I researched here and many other TT sites and learned about the GEO method. I started using that at every black tank drain time and my gauge almost always works now and there is really zero odors. Way cheaper method, and seems much more eco friendly too.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #39
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchmi View Post
My meters are way off too... Just emptied both tanks and the meters indicate 2/3 full. I'm concerned
the only way to really get accurate tank readings, is to get rid of the lousy OEM sensors and install some Horst Probes.

the OEM sensors have always been terrible and unreliable for years and it's a generally accepted PITA. many of us pay very little attention to them, especially the black tank.
we just shine a light down the hole to judge how full it is.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #40

I thought I was letting it fill 2/3 ... But the sensor was off and reality. 1/3

Tags
black, black tank, tank