Old 10-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #1

Black Tank Venting Accessories???

I've seen several accessories that attach to the black tank roof vent to improve venting but, if I've read the product literature correctly, in all cases it involves removing the existing roof vent tube and caulking to install the new one. I'm all for increasing the venting process but don't want to anger the Water Leak Gods by disturbing the existing caulking, which is fine. Is there a product that simply replaces the existing vent cap without having to remove and re-seal the roof vent piece?

Old 10-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #2

Cyclone Sewer Vent can be installed without disturbing calking. I've done it on a couple of vents. You can purchase at Walmart and CW for sure and probably Amazon I would assume.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #3

That is one of the models that I was looking at and hoping to use but the video instructions from Camco show them removing the caulking during the install process. How did you install yours without disturbing the caulking?
Old 10-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #4

I more or less twisted and broke the old cap off which left the pvc vent pipe. Then I put the new cap on and put the screws in place to hold it on. I did not worry about the shroud that would side down on to the roof since no one would see it any ways since it is a 5th wheel and over 13 feet tall. That way I would not have to worry about compromising the factory calking.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #5

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/cyclone-sewer-vent/31992

looks like an easy retrofit....caulking shouldn't be a problem...not much to it.
what i dont understand is why my black tank flush cap [where you hook up city water to help the dump process ] which fits tightly to close when not in use...will end up out of fitting and just hang there.... almost like black tank gas was blowing it out... have no smells from tank in the bathroom...assume factory vent is doing its job...dont know.
2016 miles and nights
feb. 380/7......march 540/3
deebarjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #6

The purpose or the water connection is to "flush" the tank. "Stuff" gets stuck on the sides and sensors in the tank, when you connect to the flush port it actually connects to multiple sprayer ports inside the tank and sprays at different angles and hits the sides of the tank to help clean the sides of the tank, not really doing anything for the smells.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:27 PM   #7

Make sure when flushing that your black valve is open so that you don't risk black water back washing into the fresh supply of the Jose you are using to flush the tank.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #8

Wasn't a big deal to remove the old cap just don't rush, clean things good and just be gentle when your working on the roof.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #9

i know what the purpose of the black tank flush....flush the tank....what makes the cap dislodge...from that position.....that's my question....air pressure from black tank ?....do my walk around before leaving camp ground.....the cap is off/not in its position covering hose connect place...i push it back on....drive 500 miles ...notice cap is off/out again ... not in its pushed in slot....WHY ???
2016 miles and nights
feb. 380/7......march 540/3
deebarjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinostop View Post
Make sure when flushing that your black valve is open so that you don't risk black water back washing into the fresh supply of the Jose you are using to flush the tank.
Cannot happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
accessories, black, black tank, tank, vent