Old 01-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #1

black water and gray water tanks.

does any one know if there are any drain plugs on these tanks, we have one gray water tank that will not drain. tony.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony53 View Post
does any one know if there are any drain plugs on these tanks, we have one gray water tank that will not drain. tony.
I don't know that any waste tanks have drain plugs...... but post back with information on what unit you have and maybe someone will give a definitive answer.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #3
Old Timer

Could be something in the tank from the build. You didn't say how old the unit is or if it worked previously. Seems like I read something once about like when they cut out the circle to connect the drain line into the tank the disc of plastic was left in the tank and eventually plugged the outlet. Don't know if it's still done like that or not. In any case try running a drain snake back up the line from the outlet or get one of those backwash thingys that goes on the sewer outlet and see if you can bust it loose.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
the rig is a 2014 forest river heritage glen lite, we have a single discharge pipe with 2 valves one grey water and one black water, on the indercator panal
there are lights for grey water 1 & grey water 2 and one black water, one grey wateer will not drain,are there two valves on the grey water line or just one common valve would like some help or some ideas before i start to cut the covers of the tanks. tony.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
Old Timer

If there are two grey water indicator lights, then there must be two tanks, so there must be two valves. I am not familiar with that model, but get down on your hands and knees and look for the T handle somewhere on the street side...above the tires, at the back, sometimes they get real creative with locating them. Maybe someone with that model will respond here or you could call FR customer service. They gotta know, they will help.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #6

I do not know your trailer but on our trailer we have a outlet in front of the wheels that controls one gray and black and the second gray outlet is under the slideout that is a PITA to get at when the slide is out.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #7

Quote:
the rig is a 2014 forest river heritage glen lite, we have a single discharge pipe with 2 valves one grey water and one black water, on the indercator panal
there are lights for grey water 1 & grey water 2 and one black water, one grey wateer will not drain,are there two valves on the grey water line or just one common valve would like some help or some ideas before i start to cut the covers of the tanks. tony.
Tony are you certain the level probes for the faulty tank are clean and operating? It's very common for the probes to foul and give a false reading. If there really is only one valve for two tanks, it's next to impossible to drain one not the other. Suspect there is another grey tank valve, should be anyway, or probes are shorting giving faulty reading.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #8

Grey Water tanks

We have a 2013 Palomino Sabre, on out first trip one of our grey water tanks ( we have 2 grey and 1 black) was indicating that it was filling up and eventually backed up through the galley sink. Under the rig ahead of the wheels we had 2 valve handles for dumping the tanks. We visited a Palomino dealer to look at the dump valves on a similar rig and found that there should be 3 dump handles. After cutting open the covering on the bottom of the rig we found that there was a 3rd dump valve , but when the rig was built they hadn't put a handle on it and had covered it over . Cost about $10 for a new handle
Old 01-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #9
ttg

Tony, I had a situation on our first trip with the brand new 5R. I only had 2 valves (1 black and 1 Grey) and the monitor showed 2 grey tanks and 1 black tank. One of the grey tanks would not empty. In touch with FR who insisted that there should be 2 grey handles to pull. Looking up on the frame where the discharge handle should be I found a hole about 1" diameter with no shaft coming out. At the parts store I purchased a "T" handle and extension shaft which screwed into the slide valve (which can't be seen) through the hole in the frame. FR said it must have shaken loose while being delivered. Hope that this might be helpful.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #10
Blue Ridge 3600

I have a 2014 FR Blue Ridge the 3rd dump handle on my rig is behind the rear wheel on the street side hidden behind a small round cover.

Tags
black, black water, tank, water, water tank