Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2016, 07:20 PM   #1

black water flush

I know there are many threads this topic and have read most - i did't find a answers for the following. We have a sun seeker, and have taken 3 trips to date. each time at the camp site we waited until we were 3/4 full then flushed for a few minutes with the black water flush system - water was clear. The last time after doing this the tank showed empty then within a few minutes 1/3 full. So when we got home I used the black water flush again for a few minutes then used the cameo tank rinser from inside. tank showed empty then again in a few minutes 1/3 full. The water was clear so I'm not sure if it is a sensor issue or something is stuck. The other thing is after the trips i did not add water in the toilet, then read you should so it doesn't dry out. so now it has some water probably about a gallon or so. Is there anything I can do to correct this or is it the nature of this stuff. Thanks
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:23 PM   #2
WFD

The sensors are notorious for that...they are a guide at best. Sometimes ours do exactly as you stated then after sitting at home a few days not being used I will check again and then they do show empty. As you say..it's the nature of this stuff!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #4

Black and grey water can develop a film that coats the sensors and leads to false readings.

We had our last travel trailer for eight years. Early on we started using the Geo Method. We didn't have a black tank flusher on that trailer so two or three times a season I used a tank wand through the toilet to spray the interior with clean water. Our sensors were still working properly when we sold the trailer this spring.

Our new-to-us Rockwood 2701SS is a 2012. Initially the sensors were not reading correctly but after a couple of trips, a couple of doses of the Geo Method's Calgon/laundry crystal mixture and time spent flushing the black and back filling the grey tanks, they're much better.

One thing I found helpful was to run the black tank sprayer with the drain valve closed for about thirty seconds, then drain the tank. Each time I did that some waste was flushed out. I repeated the sequence until the water was (relatively) clear.

It does help that we can dump at home with the help of our Flojet... I have access to all the time and water I need.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, water