Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSparky View Post
Do you think the toilet wand does a better job cleaning the blank tank? I have one but haven't tried it out.
Don't set your expectations too high for the tank rinse. W/ our new TT we were excited to get rid of the old "Magic Wand" but its not to be. The rinse does help some but on ours if we want it clean clean we need to use the wand. Our rinse misses one corner of the tank entirely & it always shows when you hit it w/ the wand. Still we don't wand every trip just every 2-3 trips depending on usage. If its going to sit for a few weeks I will wand it really well but if we are going next weekend probably not. & the wand gets the sensors clean so they can work again - if you believe them anyways haha...
One more note: we always make sure to get a full hookup site our last trip before we winterize so we have plenty of time to do all the tank cleaning & we don't feel rushed. Then its not a hectic chore that way.
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #22
TGR

Having a pyramid plug in your black tank can be a real problem, especially if your RV toilet’s plumbing doesn’t drop straight down into the black water holding tank. I had problems in my RV that required I build a simple tool following the directions in the video below. It worked well for me.

The only deviation required for my RV is the length of PEX tubing. A 5-foot length wasn’t enough to reach the bottom of my black water tank. I used a 10-foot piece of PEX.

Take a look in your RV's toilet and see if your tank is straight below your toilet or if you have an elbow leading towards the black water tank. I think my RV has 2 elbows. If you see the elbow, a simple wand won't reach the tank so you'll need something like the tool made in the video to solve your problem.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #23

I think I will stick with the Toilet Wand !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #24

Great advice from everyone! Thank you!! Looks like the wand will get some use no matter what.
MTSparky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, flush, water