Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #1

Black Water Flush not working

All,

Have a Sun Seeker 2860 with a black tank flush. The flush worked well during my first 5 or 6 trips however during the last trip it quit working. I replaced the vacuum breaker / check valve but that did not solve the problem. I have looked at the other threads addressing similar issues but there does not appear to be a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #2

Can you hear water moving thru hose when hooked up? Maybe a leak if so. Need clear elbow to visually if not able to hear the nozzle.

If no sound of water moving. Maybe debris or some kind of blockage at nozzle. Might check (redo the vaccum replacement to eliminate that spot).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #3

If the water line is not kinked the spray nozzle may be clogged with, possibly, dried paper (seems to happen a lot). I had to blow mine out once with high pressure from a compressor. I input the pressure on the output side of the backflow preventer but the entire system is an open line once the backflow preventer is actuated with pressure so could have blown out at the water input port. You'll get it.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
If the water line is not kinked the spray nozzle may be clogged with, possibly, dried paper (seems to happen a lot). I had to blow mine out once with high pressure from a compressor. I input the pressure on the output side of the backflow preventer but the entire system is an open line once the backflow preventer is actuated with pressure so could have blown out at the water input port. You'll get it.
How much air pressure did you use to blow out the nozzle. I tried that earlier, before replacing the check valve, however, not wanting to screw something up I cranked my compressor down to 40 PSI max. Now that I think about it if 40PSI of water won't flow why would 40 PSI of air?

When I connect a hose and turn on the water I can hear the check valve kick in. I disconnected the valve from the system and blew air into the line leading into the tank and heard nothing so more than likely it is a clogged nozzle.

One more trip for the year and I think I'll clean the black tank with a wand at the end of this one and then work the black tank flush nozzle during the winterization process.

Thanks one and all.
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, water