Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Earlybird
Thank you for all the responses to my issue of a shallow black water tank. A few delemas I seem to deal with are; When we are dry camping for a few days to a week I need all the capacity I can get for use. No restrooms nearby might be an issue when you say no solids in your b/w tank. I the middle of the night I don't want to head for the woods. Bears might but I don't. I even bought a portable tank for over capacity use. I would like to actually see a side view of how the tanks is cofigured, maybe a model #, and maker of the tank where I could look up the actual design drawings on line. The pipe extending into the tank could very well be too long. I am adding dessolvants and some water but not five gallons. Seems like that is defeating the purpose of a holding tank and the capacity cut down by five gallons to start with. Even when we are hooked up to sewer in RV parks this problem still exists. I can see keeping the tanks closed untill full but all we do then is open and dump on the spot. The problem still exists no matter what mode we are in. I can see where soap might help make slick sides and bottom. All good suggestions
I might have to agree that there may be a design flaw on yours. I just called a fellow racer that has the same unit and he has never had a problem. He said he starts out with 2 gallons of water in his and he said they bought it to use it so there are plenty of solids in it!

MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
You could try measuring the distance from the bottom to the tank to the pipe from the toilet. It the pipe is too long it can be fixed. When purchasing TP look for paper that is septic safe. Stay away from the soft thick slow dissolving TP. We were using the TP with the bears and also the kitten brands. Big mistake they do not break down and we had a plugged pipe at the outlet.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #13
Fill the black water tank with any leftover ice cubes you may have and drive over some bumpy roads. The ice cubes will melt eventually and hopefully "clean" out any stuck debris. Good tip from my friends a Jerry's Camping Center.
Chris Campter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #14
I would like to actually see a side view of how the tanks is cofigured, maybe a model #, and maker of the tank where I could look up the actual design drawings on line.
Ours are from Recreational Vehicle (RV) Trim, Tanks, Covers & Live Wells from Ameri-Kart, seems to be a popular supplier.
Mike and Brenda

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
Site Team - Lou
This is a 5th wheel setup. I understand TTs are similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0910091216.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	21013   Click image for larger version

Name:	0910091059a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	21014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Tank 4.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	21015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Horst Probe Install 014.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	21016  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #16
We have a similar issue with our 2013 266SLR. What seems to be the issue is that there is a splash guard or something similar at the top of the black tank that the waste has to go around to get in the tank. What we have done to get around the issue is to use plenty of water when doing a major transaction and giving time between uses. The only time we have an issue now is if we use the toilet to quickly for major transactions. What I have noticed is that if you look down in the tank it should be black if it is white the toilet paper is building up around the splash guard.

procrow is offline   Reply With Quote

black water