Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
I know it attaches to a hose, but what I have been doing is.... I hold the other end under the bathroom sink faucet. I can't screw it on, but I just hold it there, I get enough pressure to use the toilet wand.

The tank rinser (wand) I used to use came with an adapter. You have to unscrew the strainer from the bathroom faucet and thread the adapter in to connect it to the hose.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
I don't know if the Digest It has a recommended temperature range...it probably does and it's probably too cold now.

You could do it now if it's not temperature dependent by pouring it into the toilet/shower drain and adding water with a hose in the toilet and shower drain. Where would you dump the tanks when you're done?

Best to leave the tank drained as much as possible...no anti-freeze required.

Dave
Thanks Dave, I contacted the Digest-It manufacturer and received a reply today stating that it would work fine down to a temp of 32 degrees or lower since the bacteria produced heat as they were working. I think the best thing for me to do though is to wait and use the Digest-It in the spring as I'm getting the camper ready for our first trip of the season. Thanks again everyone for all of the helpful comments.
Stingingfork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black water