Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #1

Black water tank flush

We were leaving a camp site yesterday at heard a sound and there was water coming out from under the sunseeker 2860 DS. I had just started to flush the system. I have searched the threads but can’t find one that tells me what went wrong or how to fix. I removed the drawers in the kitchen under the sink. I can see the hot and code water lines for the outside showers. The inlet for the black water is about 6 inches to the left and down about 3 inches but I can’t locate it on the inside. I seems to be behind the hot water tank but I don’t see any plumbing lines coming down from there. Is this something I can fix? Thanks
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #2

I have some information I was able to locate where it broke. The black water inlet on the outside the plastic piece from that which connects to the hose broke. So Do I need to replace the black inlet connected on the outside? If that is the case there are 3 screws holding it in if I have to take this off how do I remove it? Thanks Steve and. Dianne
Old 07-01-2018, 05:37 PM   #3

Hope you get help with this, but suggest you redo the post in plumbing instead of general maintenance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forest River Forums mobile app

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #4

If that is where your black tank flush goes into the tank? Then you will first drain your black tank, then remove the screws and pry off the fitting. It will have a tank rinser attached that is what sprays the water in your black tank. On my previous camper it used a silicone gasket. Get a new black tank flush and install using directions provided with part. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whitewinghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #5

Black water flush

We were on vacation last week and when I connected the external hose to the outside connector something snapped and water was coming out from under the Rv. I pulled a few drawers out in the bathroom (sunseeker 2860ds 2016). I found the house and where the hose connects to the outside it broke off. there is a piece of plastic from the outside connecter in the hose and you can see where it broke. So I guess I need the outside connecter that’s screwed into the RV or does that stay intact and I need the center piece? If I need the outside connecter, (the whole piece) after it is unscrewed how do you get it off. Thanks

Tags
black, black water, flush, tank, water, water tank