Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #1

Black Water Tank Flush FE 292bhds

I have a Coachmen Freedom Express 292bhds, 2012 model. My question is around flushing out the black tank. Apparently this model does NOT have a black tank flush on the outside of the trailer. How do y'all flush out the black tank?? Am I missing something?? Is the only alternative to feed a house through the window, across the camper, into the camper and into the toilet? Holding down the toilet flush takes forever to fill the black water tank.

Also, what awning tie downs do y'all recommend for this model? Seems even with the slightest breeze my awning jumps up and down. I'm talking "the slightest breeze". Yes, awning arms are tightened down too.

We got ours in July of 2012 and love it so far. Had a couple issues. One of which the bracket holding the strut on the outdoor BBQ separated from the door itself. Anyone else have this issue with their BBQ door??
burati1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

When we had a TT we used a wand down the toilet to flush out the tank. Here's the link for this at Camping World and the hose to attach to the bathroom faucet...
Holding Tank Rinser with Valve - Camco RV 40103 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
Tank Wand Faucet Hose Kit - Valterra A01-0189VP - Sewer Flushing - Camping World

For a awning hold down, I use something like this... Happy Hook Awning Tie Down - Valterra A30-0200 - Awning Accessories & Hardware - Camping World

A clear elbow to attach to the black tank connection is also good to have. I use a 'Flush King' which has gate valve and a water connection that would allow you to add water or back flush through the sewer connection. Flush King - Valterra FK-01 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #3

Thank you for the information.
burati1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
292 bhds, 292bhds, black water, flush, freedom express