Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #1

black water tank flushing- help needed

As we travel from Canada to south Texas for the winter months, we've run into an issue that my Forest River dealer can't seem to resolve. When we arrived in Memphis yesterday I attempted to flush and drain the black water tank on our 2008 Cardinal. Everything worked fine when I did the same procedure three days earlier. I attached the fresh water flush hose to its female end, turned on the water and got nothing! The hose was fine, there was lots of water pressure. Somewhere between the female coupler outside the tank and the spray wand inside the black water tank, the pressure died, and no water was getting into the tank. Has anyone else seen this problem?, is there a solution?, do I need a dealer to fix it? where would one begin attempting to fix it? To be clear, I've checked the screen, felt cautiously in the line (about 1 foot) for any obstuction and found nothing. I haven't tried these forums before but I'm optimistic that someone out there knows the solution to my problem.
Ronfredericton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

The white hose on the right tank is the turbo flush line from the female fitting on the outside wall to the tank.

There might be a kink in the white hose, but if it worked before, that can't be it. Not much else it could be though. There is a check valve under the vanity (in my camper) that might be broken.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #3

If I remember correctly there is a check valve somewhere between the female connection and the connection to the tank. This check valve may have gone bad.

You might also try asking the folks a CARDINAL RV CLUB
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #4

as dumb as it sounds...this is what i encountered not with my trailer,but with flushing my boat motor. hooked up the clamshell and put it on the boat motor and turned on the hose.....nothing,no water at all. took the clamshell off the hose and the hose worked fine. looked inside the flusher and it was filled with small pieces of green leaves which had totally clogged it up. this has happened before with the hose nozzle. seems some small insect is carrying the leaves inside the hose.when pressure is applied the leaves clog at the smallest opening i now connect the male/female ends together when its hanging outside.
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black water