Old 05-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
Send a message via Skype™ to monkey2
Black water tank problems

TIA .. I always tip the MH for a good dump, have had problems of the solids getting stuck. Tipping solves that problem.

When I broke camp, yesterday, I disconnected the power and water, I didn't connect the holding tanks to ground connection. Everything looked normal, no smell or leakage. I often dump on the way out or dump at the next campsite, to get the solids out.

Yesterday after I got to the dump station, I tilted the MH, then I opened the dump door, there was Black water already filling the compartment, flowing rapidly from around the tank connection pipe area .. between the trim panel and the left side of tank ..

I didnít get a good look, it seemed that moving the big pipe made it worse .. I connected my dump hose .. did the black, then the grey, opened the black for a little grey to flush the valve, finished the black and grey .

Iím thinking of the worse, something broke like the tank connection but today .. I donít see the problem .. guess Iíll add water & see where itís coming or going.. The whole area smells of blackwater with chemicals.

How is the 4Ē piping attached to the tank. I can see a hose clamp.

We had a very cold winter in NC .. the light bulb didnít keep a big 2Ē ice cycle from forming from the water bay to the ground.

I never liked the way the bay was setup originally so I modified it. Much better for my problem yesterday.

Does this make sense to anyone?

1999 35' Georgetown Class A 345SE V-10 chassis, 60k miles many nights, part timers. Thousand Trails upgraded membership. Been in all lower 48 states many times, some Canadian .. Vancouver BC, Ont, Quebec, not Alaska or Hawaii yet. Family scattered all over.

WaterBay2 .. shows dump arrangement
bw_Pipe_trim .. the trim panel keeps sensor wires corralled
DumpConnection_bw .. shows pipe to tank flange connection with hose clamp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterBay2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2551   Click image for larger version

Name:	DumpConnection_bw.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	2552   Click image for larger version

Name:	bw_pipe_trim.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	2553  

monkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
The size is 3",

It's usually installed using Butyl Tape(plumbers putty) as a sealant and held in place with a 3-1/2" hose clamp. To secure it in a better way, insert a couple stainless steel screws through the tank lip, into the pipe.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote

black water