Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
psgrandpa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere we are in our RV is home.
Posts: 259
Black water tank troubles

My gauges are not working properly

Somewhere here...I've read about adding Cascade dishwasher pods with your normal pod

Let set until pods dissolve. Flush.... And this process show thoroughly clean

Accepting all advice


Thanks


Bryan, Vonnie & Pepper
2012 378 Georgetown









Sent from my iPad
__________________

__________________
Bryan & Vonnie Marhiesen
" just us
Our son, Chad, was killed by a drunk driver in August 2008. We adopted his black lab, Pepper, who was our life saver. Pepper went to live with her Daddy in December 2014!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
I owe it all to bacon.
 
Eklc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Central Illinois.
Posts: 83
There are several threads on this issue. I have read RV Digestit works well. Others use dish or clothes washing detergent and Calgon water softener. The idea is to get all the crud cleaned off the sensors. If you pull the camper the sloshing of a partially filled, soapy, tank is supposed to clean everything. Pull up some of the threads under waste or black tank cleaning and read up on it. It all depends on what you want to do and feel comfortable with. Good luck, safe travels.
__________________

__________________
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
psgrandpa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere we are in our RV is home.
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklc View Post
There are several threads on this issue. I have read RV Digestit works well. Others use dish or clothes washing detergent and Calgon water softener. The idea is to get all the crud cleaned off the sensors. If you pull the camper the sloshing of a partially filled, soapy, tank is supposed to clean everything. Pull up some of the threads under waste or black tank cleaning and read up on it. It all depends on what you want to do and feel comfortable with. Good luck, safe travels.

Guess I need to know how to pull up threads????

Thank you


Bryan, Vonnie & Pepper
2012 378 Georgetown









Sent from my iPad
__________________
Bryan & Vonnie Marhiesen
" just us
Our son, Chad, was killed by a drunk driver in August 2008. We adopted his black lab, Pepper, who was our life saver. Pepper went to live with her Daddy in December 2014!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,366
Hello. I did what I read somewhere.... I put 10 lbs. or so of ice in my black tank with some water or poo or whatever is in there... and drove around a bit. It fixed mine. Just my two cents.
__________________
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
Jack of All Trades
 
4x4dually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgrandpa1 View Post
Guess I need to know how to pull up threads????

Thank you


Bryan, Vonnie & Pepper
2012 378 Georgetown
In the menu bar close to the top of the page, you'll see "Portal" "User CP (Control Panel) " "Library" etc etc then you'll see "Search."

Click search and type in key words like "black water tank flush" or "black water tank issues."

You should get some results of threads with those words in it. If you don't click the word search, you can click the down arrow next to it and then click "advanced". You can narrow it down to titles only or key words in threads. I've been on forums for years and years and the search button has very rarely worked great at best. If you don't find it here, you can probably go to google.com and search for "black water tank flush" and hit threads from this as well as other forums.

Hope that helps.

I just bought one of these to use while dumping. While your black dump is open, it shoots pressurized water into the tank and should help wash the walls down where the sensors are depending on how you mount it. I haven't installed it yet since my TT is at the dealer for warranty work, but I will be putting it in soon.

Tornado Permanent Tank Rinser with Remote Connection - Camco 40126 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
__________________
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
psgrandpa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere we are in our RV is home.
Posts: 259
Thanks all...


Bryan, Vonnie & Pepper
2012 378 Georgetown









Sent from my iPad
__________________
Bryan & Vonnie Marhiesen
" just us
Our son, Chad, was killed by a drunk driver in August 2008. We adopted his black lab, Pepper, who was our life saver. Pepper went to live with her Daddy in December 2014!
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
Member
 
leateix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 35
We have a reverse flush that came installed with our 2015 trailer and no matter how long we leave it spraying there are always 'bits' coming out. In our old trailer we had a spray w d we put down the toilet after the initial drain and although more cumbersome in ways, it did a vang up job... We are considering buying another as we unfortunately got rid of the old one when we purchased the new trailer...


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
leateix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by leateix View Post
We have a reverse flush that came installed with our 2015 trailer and no matter how long we leave it spraying there are always 'bits' coming out. In our old trailer we had a spray w d we put down the toilet after the initial drain and although more cumbersome in ways, it did a vang up job... We are considering buying another as we unfortunately got rid of the old one when we purchased the new trailer...


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Are you using the black tank flush with the valve open or closed? When I first started I was leaving it open and like you found it was taking forever to rinse. Now I close the valve for a little bit, until the tanks 1/2 full or so, and then open it up again so the "bit's" that are now hopefully floating can easily make their way out of the tank.

I had to use that method this past camping trip when my 4 year old thought it was ok to flush his underwear.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #9
I owe it all to bacon.
 
Eklc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Central Illinois.
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post

Are you using the black tank flush with the valve open or closed? When I first started I was leaving it open and like you found it was taking forever to rinse. Now I close the valve for a little bit, until the tanks 1/2 full or so, and then open it up again so the "bit's" that are now hopefully floating can easily make their way out of the tank.

I had to use that method this past camping trip when my 4 year old thought it was ok to flush his underwear.
I'm sorry. Although it must have been terrible for you it did make me laugh.
__________________
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
Jack of All Trades
 
4x4dually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stillwater, OK
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I had to use that method this past camping trip when my 4 year old thought it was ok to flush his underwear.
"Son, it is NOT ok to flush the evidence when you shart yourself." I can see me having this talk with my 5 yr old son now.

__________________

__________________
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black water, tank, water, water tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.