Originally Posted by Jim5bo
Can someone tell me how to access the automatic valve on my cedar creek 5th wheel.
It does not completely close thereby leaking slightly.
Is there a trick to free up the seal
Before accessing the valve and cutting open/removing the panel I would try to flush any debris from the tank and valve. The next time you dump start doing the following steps.
1. I would install a clear dump connection at the camper before the sewer hose; if you do not have one purchase one.
2. Open the valve and let the debris flow out until the water and debris are empty.
3. Connect the black tank flush line to the black tank flushing port if equipped? Turn on and run water until this runs clean.
4. As the black tank is being sprayed by water fill up a 5 gallon water bucket. Dump this down the toilet observe the clear elbow for more debris being flushed out. We usually dump 4 to 5 buckets down the toilet when we break camp when dumping.
5. Turn all water off and let the tank drain.
6. Close the black tank valve, you should be cleaned now and the valve should close tightly.
7. Empty the gray tanks next.
If this does not fix your issues than I would check your valve at the tank and this will require opening up the underbelly.