Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

Black Water Valve stuck open- Updated

We have a 2012 CC 36B4. When we were leaving the campground yesterday, we left the Black water valve open. (Cable handle) When we got home and tried to close it, it would not budge. Any suggestions?
Jason has determined that its not the valve but rather the cable itself that seems to be jammed.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #2

disassemble and find the sticky link at least the tank is empty will be easier to change vale if needed and i know that from experience
brianj

take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Stay Classy San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie74 View Post
We have a 2012 CC 36B4. When we were leaving the campground yesterday, we left the Black water valve open. (Cable handle) When we got home and tried to close it, it would not budge.
I don't think I quite understand. Are you saying you opened the black tank, and left it open to drain out the contents all the way home? I just want to clarify this a bit more before I can possibly make any suggestions.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
LJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
I don't think I quite understand. Are you saying you opened the black tank, and left it open to drain out the contents all the way home? I just want to clarify this a bit more before I can possibly make any suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie74 View Post
We have a 2012 CC 36B4. When we were leaving the campground yesterday, we left the Black water valve open. (Cable handle) When we got home and tried to close it, it would not budge. Any suggestions?
Jason has determined that its not the valve but rather the cable itself that seems to be jammed.
LjH bought 2011 c.creek 34rlsa June 2011, only have used this rig 6times since purchase, but noticed that all 3 dump valves require a lot of pull to open the valves, however just 3wks after warranty expires, the black tank valve is stuck open! Dealer is not interested in helping out due to 'out of warranty status'. finally took our RV elsewhere, valve handle is pulled all the way out, but repairguy says valve is still closed, so he gets to deal w/ the fun side of the tank. $535.00 and 5hrs of labor I have a new replacement smooth operating valve again. Repairguy says many frustrated cable operated dump valve users call him every year. Are YOU LISTENING FORREST RIVER, CABLE PULL DUMP VALVES ARE A POOR DESIGN!!!

Tags
black water, tank valve