Old 04-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #1

Both furnace and h2o heater not working

I just took my 2008 Cardinal out of storage a couple days ago. I am prepping it for a cross country trip. The day I pulled it out, I op-checked all the systems and everything was good to go. H2O heater (electric and propane), furnace, AC, etc all worked. Today, both the furnace and H2O heater (propane side) don't work. The igniters are not firing at all. The H2O electric portion is good still. I have gas at both devices. And I have checked power to the H2O heater switch inside the rig. Good power there, but the light does not come on at all. Does anyone know of anything that is common between the two that might be causing this. I find it improbable that I suddenly have two different issues that would cause both to stop working at the same time.

Recap:
Furnace: Unsure of Model #. When I attempt to light off the furnace, the blower works for approximately 30 seconds, then shuts off. I cannot hear the igniter firing. (I don't really remember ever hearing the igniter on the furnace, but I am actively listening for it now). I have checked the gas by loosening the compression fitting at the furnace and I do have propane at that fitting. Yesterday, the furnace was working.

H2O heater: Model SW12DE. Electric element works. I attempt to fire off the propane using the switch in the cabin. I get no light (reset light) which I remember normally comes on while it is attempting to light off the heater. I cannot hear the igniter firing. (This igniter I distinctly remember being able to hear). I do have 12VDC at the switch - in and out. I have no voltage reading at the connectors on the light. I have propane at the unit (loosened compression fitting).

I have checked all the DC fuses. All of my AC CBs are good. Am I missing a relay somewhere that is common to both systems.

I appreciate anyone's input...

Brewing the best (and the worst) beer in The Great Northwest.

OldGoatToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:39 AM   #2

You may want to check (with multimeter) and ensure your batteries at at full charge that is one common link.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #3

Thanks SeaDog. After traveling for a day, both work again. I assume it was the battery and after charging for the day, it fixed itself!

Brewing the best (and the worst) beer in The Great Northwest.

OldGoatToo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, heater