Old 11-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #11

This along with saving money might be another good argument for buying a previously owned unit. Let someone else handle the bug fixes and take the initial depreciation hit.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #12

I have installed 3 of these on a previous FW and it was a learning experience. What I learned may help you out. The way they assemble during installation it was easy as pie to get the cable and the shield bound up right at the valve when you tighten up the bracket. My best guess is to remove the under belly cover to access the valve it self, not a terrible job if you have a decent place to work on it. I know it under warranty and the choice is yours. I have repaired several items on my TT because I live 60 miles from the dealer and as we all know nothing gets done in just one trip to the dealer, so once again the choice is yours. Another plus is when you drop the cover you know what's there. Good Luck

I discover they're just
REGULAR DONUTS !!!!!
coffeebean43140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #13

Can't speak exactly for your Silverback, but on my Sierra I had to remove the shield in front of the axles to access the fresh tank. It was screwed to the front storage bin in such a way that I couldn't get to those, I assume that's where they attached the shield first then folded it back. I popped the shield off those screws, I have to take my LP hardline loose which was the hose, one big nut and about four clamps down the frame. Then it was a series of 3/8" headed screws. Once loose I had a helper grab the opposite side as me and we just drug it back, it folded up and just laid there in front of the axles. I could have serviced my valves if needed, since tanks are usually in front of the axles I'd guess you're the same way.

The shield was totally out of the way and I didn't cut a thing.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #14

I seem to have it fixed now! So I had to drop the LP lines so I could drop the two front belly panels. Couldnt remove them as the sewer drain came through one and the front one has three screws at the front that arent accessable. Once panels were hanging i slit open the insulation to access the valve and cable. The cable routing is only partially visable and then bends up over the black tank and I cant tell what it does up there, hopefully not a bunch of loops to use up excess cable. Anyway i straightened it out slightly where it hooks up to the valve and wiggled it around on the other end where it goes up through the floor and it works now. Im going to try and tie it up with zip ties to keep it as straight as possible going to the valve and hopefully it wont happen again. Gonna foil tape the insulation radiant bag back together and reassemble now. Glad I didnt take it in for warranty. Prob would have been a huge hack job if they did it. Thx for your responses and info.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #15

Congratulations, that's good news. Happy camping

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I discover they're just
REGULAR DONUTS !!!!!
coffeebean43140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #16
Rivnut

I got a new Forest River product and the dealer was from hell, no prep, didn't know how stuff worked, no dump hose installed, black tank would not shut off completely, we are in NM by the time we figure out the problem. Dealer kept it two months, factory has it one month,,,out of six.......!
Old 11-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #17

As others have said, now you know what it looks like up there. And I'm sure you did a better job than the dealer would have. Glad it's all fixed. Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #18

Great your done, and lets hope you never have to open it again but now you know, I little silver foil tape and your back together. I know the dealer would have cut holes all over, they really do not know what they are doing at least most of them. They pay these guy's $7.50 an hour and they really do not care. Some are very good but they are rare....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5er, black