Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #1

Arrow Broke my saintary drain, need advice...

Hello all, I have a 2013 Grey Wolf 28BH

This weekend my sanitary drain encountered a pile of dirt while making a sharp turn and I broke the grey water pipe at the elbow, so I can't just put a splice coupling on it. At the same time the Black water pipe got pulled out of the tank. I was able to reinsert the black water pipe into the tank and tighten it with the existing hose clamp. I was surprised to see the piece that connects to the tank appeared to be a press fit coupling with an o-ring. It was covered with some kind of black sealant goop also, but I think that was more of a just to be sure it doesn't leak measure. My real question here is that I need to replace everything from the waste gate valve back to the grey tank. On the tank there is a 3" to 1.5" reducer. Does anyone know how that attaches to the tank? Is it glued on, or just another press fit arrangement. If it is press fit, where can I get one of those? I've been looking and don't see them as being readily available online. For now I have a temporary repair with a piece of 2" radiator hose and a couple of clamps.
Redhouse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:09 PM   #2

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? Just did the same thing to my Apex 288bhs gray tank
robertlanajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:26 PM   #3

Congratulations, you now know how it feels to be really frustrated. It seems there is a large hose clamp that holds an insert in the tank. It was that way on the black tank, and appears the same on the grey as well. You will probably end up replacing all the parts up to the valves. For not I put a 2 inch radiator hose over the broken section and it's holding fine. I plan to work on the stupid thing in a couple weeks. Good luck with your terrible, horrible awful job.
Redhouse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:17 AM   #4

"Redhouse7"--My previous TT had what you have described as far as how the waste piping attaches to the tanks. I helped a friend of mine last year replace both of his waste valves and his piping attached to the tanks the same way. It appears that there are fittings which just push in to the port of each tank and are held in place by hose clamps. There was also the black gooey stuff on each fitting of each tank. I'm betting that this stuff is put on at the factory to help prevent leaks. I have seen the 3" x 1.5" reducer in catalogs.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #5

I like your solution much better than mine which involved guerilla glue and using an old soldering iron to rejoin the broken pieces. I think I'm gonna stick with the radiator hose for awhile then look into getting a bigger gray tank and starting the fittings game from scratch
robertlanajean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain