Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #1

bulge in potable water tank

On my last trip, I looked under the trailer to determine the exact amount of water left in my translucent water tank. The level could be seen.

I happened to be looking on the side (port) that had the system feed and drain plug, and all looked well. However, on the other side of the tank, reaching all the way to the other side of my TT, I noticed a large area between the metal supports that was bulging down. It formed a depression inside the tank that extended a couple of inches or so lower than any other part of the tank. Obviously, water will get trapped here that will not drain from the drain plug if the unit is level.

What caused this? It seems obvious that the tank should have had more supports in that area. Has anyone else ran into something like this? Has anyone been able to do anything about it?
2 Yamaha EF2000iS generators
Rmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank