Old 10-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #1

Camco RhinoFlex Sewer Hose?

Last weekend was my first trip in the Roo 21SS and my first experience with black water hookups. (The pop-up I had for 11 years didn't have a potty.) The previous owners had left a sewer hose with attachments in the camper & that's what I used. It worked well but was too long (20' and I only needed 10') so I had some issues with the hose sagging between the supports. Still managed OK, but decided to get a shorter hose. Someone at the campground recommended the Camco RhinoFlex (not by name but by description). It seems to get pretty good reviews. Anyone have any experience with it? The Roo has bumper storage for the sewer hose. Some reviews say it fits well; some say it doesn't. Any advise for a newbie? Thanks!

Old 10-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #2

Thats the hose I have. I would not consider it strong as a rhino but it seems to have held up well in two seasons. I keep it in the bumper like many others. You do need to manipulate it to get it into the bumper a bit but it does work. I also never disconnect the clear section of pipe on the valve end I use.

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #3

I have one - works good. The hose itself fits in the bumper. The elbow for connecting to a threaded sewer hookup doesn't fit in the bumper though. The nice thing with the Rhinoflex and some of the other better hoses is they come in 10 or 15 foot sections with connectors on the ends. I have 3 sections in the bumper and use however many it takes to reach the connection, since you can never count on it being in exactly the right spot...

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #4

Yes. Have a few of them and like them alot. The brown rhinos are accordion like but will stay at whatever length you stretch or shrink them too. They make a black 20 footer with grey end fittings that's softer but does not have the same advantage. I like that the end fittings are removable. Quick and easy to do. Also means that if you get damage on a part of the hose you can cut it back and reattach the fitting. Still useful. I've had the red Valterra and the camco Revolution but will say I like the rhino better. Also find the pitched sewer hose supports like the sidewinder a must have. Good luck with it
5erDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #5

I have the same hose (Walmart) also use a Slunky hose support.
I keep mine in a tote in the basement.

The rubber end caps on my TT's bumper would not stay in place, so after gluing some bug screen over the holes in the caps I screwed then on so storage is not an option.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMarrs View Post
Last weekend was my first trip in the Roo 21SS and my first experience with black water hookups. (The pop-up I had for 11 years didn't have a potty.) The previous owners had left a sewer hose with attachments in the camper & that's what I used. It worked well but was too long (20' and I only needed 10') so I had some issues with the hose sagging between the supports. Still managed OK, but decided to get a shorter hose. Someone at the campground recommended the Camco RhinoFlex (not by name but by description). It seems to get pretty good reviews. Anyone have any experience with it? The Roo has bumper storage for the sewer hose. Some reviews say it fits well; some say it doesn't. Any advise for a newbie? Thanks!
I wouldn't buy another just because the 20' sagged, let it sag and just disconnect at the trailer and drain it. You might want to buy the 10' to have an extension, because you might camp in places where you need a longer hose. Ask old FT Turbs and Aquaman about Goshen.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

If you are buying new; Rhinoflex (old and HD style) can't be beat, IMO.
They will NOT fit in a bumper without extensive modification to the connectors.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
Anacortesians

We got one when we bought our MH. Works great and its concertina design allow you to adjust to the length you need. I also bought an extendable support system for it, but I've only needed it once, at a site where the services were located together between two sites. We got the slot with the services on the passenger side and needed most of the length to reach.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #9

I own one for 3 years of seasonal camping, works great.

BUT It doesn't fit in the bumper due to the eblows. I'm thinking on how to' attack this challenge in my new 2014 I bought.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
I own one for 3 years of seasonal camping, works great.

BUT It doesn't fit in the bumper due to the eblows. I'm thinking on how to' attack this challenge in my new 2014 I bought.

I need to get this one built this winter, for now the hose is in a tote in the basement.

Or..
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...-hose-image-20