Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Cannot Find Water heater Bypass for Sunseeker 3120

Hi Everyone,
I am new to Forest river and this forum. I just took delivery of a Sunseeker Class C model 3120 . I cannot seem to find the water heater bypass. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

herbmala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud
Look for a panel in your cabinets or under your reefer or somewhere else. It should be on the inside of where your outside cover is.Just look for a panel with a couple screws on the face in the general area of where the outside cover is but on inside. Your valves should be right next to the tank.
- mine is under the reefer, but its a 5er.
Hope it may help.

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:58 AM   #3
The water heater on our Sunseeker 3100 is under the kitchen sink. The water heater bypass valves are inside the cabinet in front of the water heater, as viewed from inside the coach. You should see three quarter turn valves in the tubing. They look like the shutoff valves on your house's toilets or sinks. The blue tubes are for cold water and the red tubes are for hot water. To bypass the water heater, close the valves that allow cold into and hot out of the water heater and open the bypass valve in the cold water line.

If you like, I can post a photo in a few days. We will be getting ours out of storage for family visitors.
RamblerGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Here's a link to a image of the WH piping...
Google Image Result for

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Found Bypass valves!

Thank you so much for all of yoour useful replies. I found the bypass valves under the countertop to the kitchen....there are sliding drawers in the way of my reach although I can see the valves clearly. This seems like a dumb question.....but does anyone remove the drawers and put them back so they still work correctly?
herbmala is offline   Reply With Quote